Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking of lowering the ride height slightly but still keeping a uniform arch, i.e Not slammed.

Anyone had any issues with Lowering Springs, personally prefer Eibachs but open to suggestions.

Reactions: kia62

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ran Eibachs on previous cars without issues.

Once took a car in for a service and was told two springs were broken and needed replacing (main dealer). Service manager was really embarrassed when myself and the chap (Stuart) who had just fitted my Eibachs the same day told him politely to do one.

Can't comment on them on a Sportage though.

Reactions: Rod9669

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ran Eibachs on previous cars without issues.

Once took a car in for a service and was told two springs were broken and needed replacing (main dealer). Service manager was really embarrassed when myself and the chap (Stuart) who had just fitted my Eibachs the same day told him politely to do one.

Can't comment on them on a Sportage though.
Running Eibachs on my other car, son is running Coil-Overs on his.

I've seen a few Sportages lowered and they look the dogs Danglies.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: kia62

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nothing wrong with coil overs. Infact you can get the corrner weights spot on with the assistance of corner weight scales. Lowering the car will reduce the centre of gravity thereby improving its handling and stability.
But be careful you do not upset the geometary too much or you could induce bump steer which could cause you issues.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Surely the point of an SUV is to have increased ride height - not lowered?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
For you perhaps but not necessarily for everyone. While it is not for me I do think that mildly lowered suspension can look good on some cars and looks are what a lot of modders want.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would like more ground clearance actually, my main consideration for getting an SUV. A proper all terain vehicle was out my budget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts