Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a level 1 KIA Sportage on a 64 plate. I am sure that i have always a light come on when the water washer level runs low.

It has ben into the main dealer but they have said that my model does not support this indicator.

It feels like I am going mad as I am sure that this light came on before. There is also a sensor in the reservoir.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
912 Posts
have you sucked the reservoir dry to check and see if a light appears before you? Maybe the float is stuck. fill with a garden hose, the turbulence may free it up.
you could even take the plug off the sensor on the reservoir to see if it comes on.
Some countries require that warning, some don't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. My issue is that I am sure my car had a warning light (unless I have been imagining it) but Kia are saying one is not fitted on my dashboard

·
Registered
912 Posts
No. My issue is that I am sure my car had a warning light (unless I have been imagining it) but Kia are saying one is not fitted on my dashboard
It's quite likely that you are correct and that your car does have this feature, and that it is now defective. Try the above mentioned measures to see if it helps.

·
Registered
605 Posts
When I was road testing gt's, two dealers told me it came with stop/start and lane assist. Moral of the story, don't take a dealers word as gospel.

·
Registered
912 Posts
maybe this has some helpful info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts