Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The volume of sound coming out of the rear speakers in my 2021 Stonic is really low.

I played with all the settings (fade, balance, and all the other settings affecting volume): the rear speakers are just damn quiet. They get loud enough if I crank up the volume and fade a lot to the rear; the speakers must be wired correctly into the amp (without looking at the amp itself). It's as if the gain is biased towards the front channels.

I wonder if it's a hidden (maintenance/factory) setting in the head audio unit, or maybe a software or hardware issue.

I have noticed several other reports of the same issue on two other threads in this forum:

Speaker sound in 2019 kia sportage | Kia Owners Club Forum
rear speakers | Kia Owners Club Forum

Any other owners reporting same?
How was this solved for you?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You can replace them with speakers that have a higher sensitivity. A typical car speaker has a sensitivity of between about 83 and 93db @ 1 watt / 1 meter. Speaker sensitivity is measured in decibels per 1 watt per 1 meter.
You need to retain the same resistance though, probably 4 ohm.

A speaker with a sensitivity rating that's 3 dB higher than another speaker's only needs half as much power to deliver the same amount of sound.

If yours are say 85db, then it will be easy to find replacements that are about 91.

I've just replaced dashboard speakers in a car where I had to install the weakest speakers available, just 83db, because the original ones in there were just too dominating over the other speakers. It worked a treat.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I think my Stonic just has Surround sound enabled, whether at the factory or by accident...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts