Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! a bit misleading as most wouldn't be here if they hated them, but I actualy did! I was looking for a new car as my old Volvo was ready for the breakers inthe sky, read all the reviews on all the Kia range, liked what I saw and decided a Kia it would be, never been into badges I'm an A to B man, anyway half deciding on the Pro-Ceed or the Sportage because I had a few quid going spare, Off to the dealer and still wasn't sure what car, I look over and see the Soul and say to the salesman boy that's one ugly car do people actualy buy that??, tell him I need time to think itover and have a word with the Boss, well she decided against the Sportage as because there are just the two of us we didn't need anything that big, I loved it but couldn't fault her reasoning, back to the dealer for another look at the Pro-Ceed, while sitting there discussing the Pro, I can see the Soul out of the corner of my eye and still thinking I do not like that car one bit, 10 minutes later I'm thinking maybe it's not as bad as I thought, 30 mins later I'm thinking, I don't know what it is but there's something I like about it, just about to sign on the dotted line and it was hang on I want to look at the Soul, 45 minutes later I came out of the Dealers Soul 2 ordered plus a few extras and paid for, good going for someone that hated the car when I saw it, the boss loved as soon as I showed her what I'd ended up buying, and the more I drive it the more I like it, it has the usual niggles that everyone complains about like the fuel guage andinacurate MPG, but everyone I've spoken to loves the look of the car, so I wondered if it is just me that didn't like the Soul to start with,
Regards Mowjo,,,,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sylo! the funny thing is those big black wheels were One of the main things I didn't like about it, and I have no idea why!so I went for the 15's, I've since driven one withthe 18's and I don't know if it my imagination but mine with 15's seems a much smoother ride,,
Regards Mowjo,,,

·
Registered
270 Posts
which model did you go for ? with 15" wheels it must have the been the soul 1 or did you have them
fitted or exchanged with larger sizes ? I too dont like the larger size wheels and if I buy a hunter
will have the 16" wheels fitted as I couldnt handle the tougher ride, shame they dont do a 15"
alloy wheel as standard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Picasso! I did a Boo Boo! it's the Soul 2 with 16in Alloy Wheels Not 15's, it was the Hunter I was looking at in the Showroom but the salesman did say I could have the 16's at no extra cost even though the 18's were standard on the Hunter, but I ended up going for the Soul 2, so it may be worth asking your dealer,,,
Regards Mowjo,,,

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mojo, I went looking for a 308, the dealership does Skoda, Peugeot, Kia & Fiat. The year before I laffed at the Soul thinking how ugly it was. Like you, the more I looked atthe Soul,the better it got and ended up getting the Tempest.....I am a car man and the badge does mean something to me and wouldn't have looked at a Kia 5 years ago. Just shows how Kia has come on in the car world

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The black 18" wheels set the Soul off though they do ride harder than the smaller wheels , personal preference really. Kia has come on leaps and bounds both in design and with out a doubt quality,this has reflected in many areas including residuals.On average these are as good as most now and better than some which a few years ago was not the case by a long way.My wife chose our car for her birthday in 2010so I had no real say in the purchase however I love the car and now we have both retired I have got rid of my car and the Soul Tempest is our only carbut it is a marmite car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts