I have just started up my Tempest after a 3 week break. Happened to
glance at the dash looking for warning lights and notice that the
mileometer is showing 3733 miles instead of 13733 miles!!!!....where
has the 10k gone?.....anybody else had this?....wonder if its the LED
readout that has gone fritz?

·
Registered
43 Posts
ooohhhhhh, no idea, it must be somewhere in the chips, unless you went into a time warp
Best ask the service dept, maybe they can plug the diagnostics in and find the miles.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's the latest thing Tempest,have you not read the book. Kia have found a way of increasing the value of the Soul by taking 10k offafter every servicetherefore making sure that when you trade it in it's worthmuch more money !

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got round to mentioning the lost mileage to the dealer and the dash binnacle unit is getting replaced at 25,000 miles (next service) and mileage will be set back to zero. It is purely a fault with the first character in the digital readout. The service book will indicate the new speedo and the lost mileage. I always view cars with mismatched speedo mileage as being a bit dodgy..... but never mind - cant be helped in this case i suppose.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
at least you know what the problem was and they have fixed it.I am still waiting for the gear knob to turn up so I am looking round for an old sock to put on it as recomended.The only item I can find at this time to fit on the gear knob I have found is a slippy and my hand keeps sliding off ,if it was'nt for the ribs I could not change gear at all.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Only with extreme care, the seat had to be as high as it could go !
Having the new knob fitted Monday morning so I will have a shiny new end to play with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts