Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new on here and iv just become a kia owner but i have a problem. The car is a 2000 sportage 2.0 petrolit was going very well untill the other day when it just lost power and will not pull past 4000rpm engine still sounds sweet on tick over its smooth for 30 seconds and then misis a few beats then smooth back out. i was thinking some sort of blockage might be the problembut dont know where to start. i have however looked at the air flow and all is good. could some one give me some iders please. Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
Change the fuel filter and check the fuel lines. If you don't get anywhere its probably the fuel pump, although pumps usually just fail rarther than have impeded performance. Before you go crazy though it's worth, labelling all the ht leads and, testing the spark plugs one by one to check there's a good sparkEdited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah done that. no better. but iv noticed a rattle noise only when driveing when iv got the throttle at a certainplace could this be one of the throttle body's collapsed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts