Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking at a Sedona around 2008LS or TS. Not 100% sure on auto or manual, we have been towing with an auto and its so easy but apparently the fuel econoomy is better with a manual?

Basically, I thought it wise to check this forum PRIOR to buying (unusual for me!) Could you please offer some advice on common problems or areas to check when looking at Sedonas. Any key questions to ask? There doesn't seem to be many Sedonas with DVD players, are these readily available to fit?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
I tow a Pageant caravan (1100kg) with my 02 Sedona (diesel, manual) and I think it's an excellent towcar. As you will know there are so many factors governing fuel economy when towing a caravan but I usually manage about 35mpg. So many people choose an auto to tow but I personally hate towing with an auto althoughI have in the past and been shocked by the fuel consumption.
I expect Sedona auto owners will tell you that 35mpg is easily achievable but I was once told that autogearboxes dont liketowing heavy trailers, I always understoodthe gearbox is a weak pointwhen towing but that's just a personal view.

So much room in a Sedona (we sometimes take all the seats out, then we can take EVERYTHING
) when we go caravanning. Also we can get away without towing mirrors which is is really good. We go to France every summer with the caravan and once on the motorways it cruises nicely and is very relaxing. Had to have asteering pump fitted in France last year though, took the garage a week to get the part and cost over £600. It's not easy to argue about the price when you're a long way from home.

Let us know what you decide to get.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Dazwilly said:
Hi,
I am looking at a Sedona around 2008LS or TS. Not 100% sure on auto or manual, we have been towing with an auto and its so easy but apparently the fuel econoomy is better with a manual?

Basically, I thought it wise to check this forum PRIOR to buying (unusual for me!) Could you please offer some advice on common problems or areas to check when looking at Sedonas. Any key questions to ask? There doesn't seem to be many Sedonas with DVD players, are these readily available to fit?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Hello.
Have a look at the post headed HANDBRAKE 16th March on the sedona forum and you will see the positve comments of a 'tower' who is also a HGV driver.
Hope helps
Steve G Blackpool

1 - 3 of 3 Posts