Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined this forums, been here a week reading all I can.
I am in the middle of looking at test driving a sports wagon Gt-line s 16 plate+ model or the 19 plate face lift model.
Thinking due to the amount of depreciation on new models to go my first choice. Loving the style and all the gadgets and prefer a diesel. How ever trying to find one close enough to test drive/ look around is becoming so hard. I found the perfect car to day which was still an hours drive away from me so rang up only to be told I had just missed out as some one had put a deposit down :sad: Gutted as it was the silver colour also.

any way rang several garages only to have not what I want but yet they all try and get me to test some thing else even though I am very clear in what I want. lol

so they really are hard car to find, ( having read the comment about being less popular than other super cars. lol

just wondering if members still do local meets etc like the old. im shropshire based.

Kind regards Dean

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
How ever trying to find one close enough to test drive/ look around is becoming so hard.
Welcome to the forum, 'dastley3', and I think your pick of the SW is a solid choice, not the perfect car perhaps but a relaxing, reasonably economical and very spacious 'do anything' car.

Because the model is a low-volume seller in the UK, you may have to be prepared to travel some distance in order to find good examples which are most likely to be found within the dealer network. I haven't looked but you might want to try the KIA website, find the 'used car' section and punch in your requirements.

Auto Trader will undoubtedly throw up some examples and you could have a look at the 'CarWow' website where it is possible to specify used cars, all of which will be dealer forecourt stock. There are other very good estate cars, not least the Ford Mondeo, plus the major German brands all produce estate variants. Of course, a KIA will be covered by a far longer guarantee, if it has been serviced STRICTLY in accordance with the schedule contained in the owners' handbook.

Best of luck with your search.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am in the middle of looking at test driving a sports wagon Gt-line s 16 plate+ model or the 19 plate face lift model.
Thinking due to the amount of depreciation on new models to go my first choice. Loving the style and all the gadgets and prefer a diesel. How ever trying to find one close enough to test drive/ look around is becoming so hard. I found the perfect car to day which was still an hours drive away from me so rang up only to be told I had just missed out as some one had put a deposit down :sad: Gutted as it was the silver colour also.

any way rang several garages only to have not what I want but yet they all try and get me to test some thing else even though I am very clear in what I want. lol

so they really are hard car to find, ( having read the comment about being less popular than other super cars. lol

just wondering if members still do local meets etc like the old. im shropshire based.

Kind regards Dean
Hi there Dean

Welcome aboard and would reiterate the good advice from Indalo.

Purchased my 2019 model last December using CarWow and have to say it was a first class experience.

6 quotes within 24 hours as promised and lucky enough that the second best was only an hour's drive away.

Little bit of negotiation and they matched the best deal and we did a deal there and then after my test drive. this also included a P/E negotiation which I had no complaints with.

Have never looked back after receiving this beautiful and very underrated motor!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The other option is to get a brand new one on PCP / PCH for around 300 quid a month ...........
The only problem with that is the depreciation, is a lot even just after one year. any thing between 8-12k is a lot to loose so to speak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advise Indalo, I went to two garages to day, knowing they had used gt line s's, first garage was a managers special for sale, ( car was away ) the second garage only had a showroom car, which to be honest was a good looking motor and nice to see it for real and sit in it.

So just going to sit patient and wait for a garage local to me to get a second hand one in to test drive.

Tommo21 I will give carwow a look at again this evening, I also have to p/x in so fingers crossed I can negotiate a good deal to.

for the time being Il just keep on looking around and reading in these forums.

Is there a group of optima owners on facebook uk based? they seem to be all usa bound only.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The only problem with that is the depreciation, is a lot even just after one year. any thing between 8-12k is a lot to loose so to speak.
you only pay for the depreciation though - you finance the difference between your new price and what they think it will be worth when you give it back

Biggest advantage is you don't have to find the 20-30k up-front, but you'll have nothing to show for it at the end either - but then again, the 20k car you've just bought will only be worth about 10 k in 3 years time anyway

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Rob9669 for the quick reply,
its defo food for thought in all honest, may have to sit down and look at figures and prices to see what we can afford per month. " would be nice to have a new NEW car " lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi dastley 3,

I have just picked up my 16 plate GT line S yesterday in Temptation Red. It's quite strange as I like you was also in thinking getting a 19 plate but I dicided not to because of the depreciation. Actually initially I wanted to get a stinger 3.3 GTS to a new Optima GT (240bhp) a new Optima GT Lines S to the used one I have.

But my suggestion is if you can get a 16'(66 plate as the road tax is £30 a year as to 140 from 17' plate. Also get the 1.7 as to the 1.6 as it has a bit more power and nearly a second faster.

I had to drive 2.5 hrs to pick my up but I'm glad I did. There wasn't even a picture of the car but I decide to put a deposit because I was so far away.

Overall I am happy with the car,even it's 60 bhp less than my current daily Sportwagon. Good luck with your purchase.

Thinking due to the amount of depreciation on new models to go my first choice. Loving the style and all the gadgets and prefer a diesel. How ever trying to find one close enough to test drive/ look around is becoming so hard. I found the perfect car to day which was still an hours drive away from me so rang up only to be told I had just missed out as some one had put a deposit down
Gutted as it was the silver colour also.

Kind regards Dean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts