Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying a Sportage (test driving on Thursday) and was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions (let's be honest - salesmen don't always give completely accurate answers).

1. <LI>What sort of mileage are you getting?</LI>
    <LI>I've been told getting repairs and servicing done is expensive - true or false?</LI>
    <LI>I've been told that diesels can now cope with small journeys (I do a mix of long and short) - true or false?</LI>
Thanks for any help.

Steve

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi SteveH, as you can see I have had mine for about 5 months now, still happy and more impressed as the engine frees up, I had a 3 Ltr V6 camry auto before, I find the ride a bit hard but then it's an SUV, and I have taken this in places were I would not have taken the Camry.
I do trips of about 12 miles a day and get 32 to 34 MPG at the moment, and the last long trip got 38.7 MPG.

Servicing is to be seen whatit cost? but repairs I hope should be covered by the Warrenty for 7 years (Time will tell)

The diesel when started is a bit noisey but most are! when warmed up smooth and loads of grunt.

Auto seems to be working better as the engine improves.

Only down side on mine are the leather seats, not as comfortable as the clothe type.

Kia may need to change there seat manufacture.

If you can on the test drive, take it for a good run for at least half a day or more, try motorways,A and B roads and a few farm tracks or rough roads.

Remember on this test drive depends how you can live with this car in the future.

Have fun anf find out what this car can do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I think we are test driving the xs cdri so should be fun

Overall I like the car, I was told that repairs could be difficult/costly so wanted to check first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had the test drive yesterday (eventually). Had a nightmare with the first garage (apparently the bosses wife had decided to borrow the car so I couldn't test drive it
- even though I had booked the test drive 4 daya earlier, still the bosses wife has to come before customers doesn't she).

So I went home and phoned another dealer who couldn't be more helpful. I went straight over to them and had a test drive there instead.

Great car (a little scary after my 1.6 Zafira). But ordered one straight away. We've gone for the XS CDRi 4WD.

Definitely won't be ging to the first dealer for the servicing though (even though they are slightly closer
).

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi SteveH, hope you will be as pleased as I am, just done a 400 mile round trip this weekend, criused at 70 ish no problem, and arrived feeling fresh as when I started.
Just done over 5000 miles now andthe enginegets better all the time.

All the best for the future.

Bob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi SteveH,
Had my new xs for just over a week and what a cracker of a machine. I can only compare it to an x/trail which I had for 4 years. Although both are diesel the xs is muchless noisy, the gearbox is slick and easy. I find the leather seats comfortable, cruise control and climate control a bonus which is much better than the xtrail which struggles to clear the winscreen. As for servicing costsI was offered a monthly cost of £23 over 3 years to cover this. Still thinking about it. Enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts