Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Had to have the stereo system disconnected in my 2008 Ceed as it kept draining the battery. Apparently this is a known problem with the Ceed (believe it's been sorted for the newer models). However, is it normal to wait 7/8 weeks for a replacement? I think this is pretty unacceptable even if it is covered under warranty. Driving is just not as enjoyable without music.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="msgableRow"><tr ="msgableRow" style="height:200px;min-height:200px;"><td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">
Hi and welcome, You could always use an ipod while you are waiting. Or sing and that will help exercise your lungs

</td></tr></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
543 Posts
Driving without radio is the worst thing ever :( Davy has a great idea either that or a battery operated radio for the mean time .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for responses although ipod is a no go with a 6 month old baby sitting in the back. Still waiting ... not impressed at all with KIA.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought a new Cee'd VR-7 in June and discovered that the rear speakers did not work on the radio. However, they did work on the CD and the ipod input. I waited about 6 weeks for the dealer to get a new radio. Guess what? That one had a faulty volume knob on the fascia. I am now awaiting the third radio. It's a good job the unit has a three year warranty!
I am very pleased with the car, but the audio unit is rubbish. From what I can gather, I'm not alone with this view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts