Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seem as we are all on lock down i thought there is no better time do do this. been wanting this for a while now just scared to take the plunge.
For anyone who is looking to do this project themselves as I am, I'll keep you all posted on how its going.

Ordered the Pioneer double din stereo with the KIA cee'd double din facia as without this there will be a massive gap towards the back of the stereo system. Link Below to the site i ordered it all off and the so called inspiration I've got this from.

Pioneer SPH-DA130DAB 6.2" Multimedia Radio with Bluetooth, DAB/DAB+

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seem as we are all on lock down i thought there is no better time do do this. been wanting this for a while now just scared to take the plunge.
For anyone who is looking to do this project themselves as I am, I'll keep you all posted on how its going.

Ordered the Pioneer double din stereo with the KIA cee'd double din facia as without this there will be a massive gap towards the back of the stereo system. Link Below to the site i ordered it all off and the so called inspiration I've got this from.

Pioneer SPH-DA130DAB 6.2" Multimedia Radio with Bluetooth, DAB/DAB+

Good one. I’m willing to follow this route as well (Ceed SW 2009). I wonder if these headunits with CarPlay also comes with the mic or if this needs to be purchased separately.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update (apologise for the late response my job requires me going away) fitted the head in the car the facia kit makes it look OEM. Always a bonus however with the steering wheel controls don’t work anymore due to me missing a plug in the adaptor kit, going to have to email the company about it unless anyone know how to plumb it in?

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Looks very good.
The Adapters are more than just wiring. They convert the Kia Signal to one suitable for the Pioneer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks very good.
The Adapters are more than just wiring. They convert the Kia Signal to one suitable for the Pioneer.
Is there anyway of getting the plug into the system? As you can see the white lead coming out of the glove box is the usb adaptor to use Apple play and I’ve had to use the microphone that came with the kit instead of the one built into the car.

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
Connects2 do wiring kits for this purpose.
They are just plug and play.

Looks good.
Had a system like that put in my 207CC.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think the plug in your first photo is related to the existing vehicles USB & Aux sockets, I think you need a special adaptor box to retain these existing features?
Did you purchase the correct steering wheel interface adaptor / harness with the install kit from Connects2 ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the plug in your first photo is related to the existing vehicles USB & Aux sockets, I think you need a special adaptor box to retain these existing features?
Did you purchase the correct steering wheel interface adaptor / harness with the install kit from Connects2 ?
Yeah I believe so I rung up the company I bought it from and it was sold as a complete adaptor kit

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
It appears that there are 2 connects2 kit is for ceed's one with the amplifier. Does you car have one?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Without amplifier I’m pretty sure it’s a kia ceed 3 2011, everything else connected fine apart from that one plug

·
Registered
206 Posts
Cee'd 2009-2012 Without amplifier (in head unit) Connects2 CTKKI03, with (external to head unit) CTKKI04.

Did you attached the can-bus (steering wheel controls) to the head unit first I believe this is important?

If the grey connector in your 1st photo is the one you referring too, this has nothing to do with the steering wheel controls

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I red the instructions and they said grey first then the rest otherwise it could result in me not having steering wheel control, the old head unit still has the function yet the only thing that doesn’t work with the new head unit is the steering wheel controls and the only wire left is the one pictured

1 - 15 of 15 Posts