Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone in the Teeside /NorthYorkshire area with a donor car kia sorento1 2.5 crdi 2003 XE. I need to rule out a few ideas why my car wont start.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forget to mention it will start with easy start but has started cutting out at times also used to start ok cold but not now

·
Registered
26 Posts
Christodd,

Do a leak down test on the injectors before you do anything else. I had exactly the same symptoms on a Mercedes last year, and I replaced all the glow plugs first off (bastard of a job!) then someone suggested the leak down test. £20 for a leak down test kit off Ebay and I found that no. 3 injector was leaking a lot of fuel into the fuel return tube. Replaced the injector and the car started every time after that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
going in the morning to have leak test only a tenner so will update you of my quest lol . thanks for reply

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
been for leak off injector 4 goosed and injector 1 , so looking for injectors. my local scrap yard has some but theyre off a 170 bhp model , will they work in my 140 bhp xe?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check out these Ebay ads.

This bloke's charging £45 each for them, with free postage.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIESEL-FUEL-INJECTORS-KIA-SORENTO-MK1-140-BHP/283724263272?hash=item420f48af68:g:fjwAAOSw3t1eBfvS
DIESEL FUEL INJECTORS KIA SORENTO MK1 140 BHP | eBay

This one's £50 + £7.50 postage

2004 KIA SORENTO 2.5 DIESEL FUEL INJECTOR - 0445110092 | eBay

This bloke's charging £65 with free postage.

KIA SORENTO 2.5 DIESEL 2005 (KG05EFE) INJECTOR | eBay

This bloke's charging £60 + £7.50 postage.

2004 KIA SORENTO 2497cc 138.00 BHP Diesel INJECTOR - | eBay

You pay's yer money and you takes yer choice!!

Best of luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I forgot to say, whichever one you go for, you'll need to replace the copper washers (seals) under each one. Here's an Ebay ad for a set of 4 for less than £5.

4 x Diesel Injector Washers Injector Seals - Common Rail Fuel Injectors DC-S153 | eBay

Just make sure the old ones come out before trying to put the new ones in. I've seen people fit injectors with the old seals and then wonder why the injectors started blowing, and I've also seen people try to fit new seals over the top of the old ones. Not a good idea!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry for long reply i got 2 for 100 off ebay fitted them and wham back in action. only took me 45 minutes start to finish after watching video on youtube . there is a goldmine of good info on there . thanks for interest and steering me in the right direction . anyone else with similar problems make this your first things to check

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in Freeman with our lad at moment and live down in derbyshire so if you need any parts collecting from that area let us know and can bring with (theyd have to fit in focus as the XS is currently on driveway duty with fuelling issue lol)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts