1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
As promised I am back to update interested parties:
I took delivery of my Pro-ceed Sport on the 4/4/08, Phantom Black
Instead of buying the demonstrator I cancelled my order with Sandicliffe Leicester and bought a NEW one elsewhere.
I was'nt happy with broken promises so I voted with my feet and moved on.
I have now had the car for one week, and I have to say I am enjoying the car to press.
Handles really well, I do like the suspension set up, some people may find it a little harsh but on good road surfaces you can point, squirt and enjoy.
Fuel Consumption at present 40 M.P.G. not good but this should improve as the engine loosens up more.

Performance is good the car is a willing little motor but I will take care not push to hard or labour the engine.
I will drop the oil after 1000 miles, I have done 700 so far, no problems to report.
I do have too much free play in the handbrake, there is about 1inch free play before I reach the ratchet, the hand brake is effective and this can be adjusted when I go for my oil change.
It's been getting quite a bit of attention as lots of people do not know what it is, (I have removed the Ceed badge along with the CRDi badge)
People are suprised that this little baby picks up her skirt and runs ( Can't wait untill she's run in properly)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think I bought the car you were going to buy!!?? I had all the promises too but fortunately only had a 'few' days to wait before it was released for sale after being a demonstrator. Mind you,Sandicliffe's dealer service and the 'valet' they gave the car before deliverywas a bit lazy ....found a KFC box full of chicken popcorn in the back side pockets!!!!!!! Hope it wasn't something you left in there from your 'day out'?? lol

So far so good, getting well into the 50's mpg on a decent steadyrun... Comes down a bit when you hit the good old country lanes though ;o)

Overall, happy with car, fun to drive and looking at getting it chipped if there's one out yet for this newer engine?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To quote Richard Wilson "I don't believe it " that chicken was discovered by my wife during our test day.
The answer to your last question is yes, do you live in Leicestershire if so I will help you, you will be amazed.

How many miles has your car done, I am struggling to achieve 40 mpg
at the moment

·
Registered
33 Posts
Car's now done just under 5000 miles, I took the car upto newcastle last week and averaged about 55, but it seemed like the journey lasted forever though!! if you sit with the lorries at about 60 on cruise you should get 50 with ease..... if you start to 'play' with the turbo then you will use far more fuel! I can get over 40 mpg out of my Renault Trafic on a run using cruise at 60 ...... you just gotta go slow or pay for the extra fuel

I'm near Coventry so not far from Leicester.

Still haven't seen any other Pro Cee'ds on the road yet..... had a thumbs up from 2 guys in a Honda Civic type R when I gave it some welly around the lanes near me the other day

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Stevie,
Did you get my private message, if so give me a ring
I have sorted the fuel issue,
I have only spotted two more Sports, + the one you have bought. Sandicliffe's salesman lives around the corner from me since you bought yours he's been running an SW.

I can't believe that you and I are the only Sport drivers in the East Midlands.
I hope we get feed back from other owners as it would be great to to have other people adding to the ownership file.
I am now putting mine out to earn it's living I have to go down to Dorset on Tuesday and this will be the longest run since Iv'e owned the car..
I have covered 2500 miles and the car is starting to loosen up a little, so the drive will be a little more interesting.
I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Again.

Got your number now ..... I'll give you a shout in a few days, I'm just getting over a chest infection and have lost my voice(ok ok no cheering!!!) I didn't get any notification that I had any messages to my inbox... I've sent you one with my email addy.

There's still not that many Sports on the road yet, have a look on Autotrader.... there's only about 30 advertised on there in the whole country. I guess when people see them more they might look at them as a car to have?? who knows??

I'm a courier so mine will be out earning it's money at least a couple of times a week, hope your Dorset trip is good, at least the weather will be great for you!!

Took mine out for a damn good thrashing yesterday, Mrs wasn't too impressed I think the door must've been open cos she was hanging onto the handle for dear life!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
StevieP said:
Hi Again.

Got your number now ..... I'll give you a shout in a few days, I'm just getting over a chest infection and have lost my voice(ok ok no cheering!!!) I didn't get any notification that I had any messages to my inbox... I've sent you one with my email addy.

There's still not that many Sports on the road yet, have a look on Autotrader.... there's only about 30 advertised on there in the whole country. I guess when people see them more they might look at them as a car to have?? who knows??

I'm a courier so mine will be out earning it's money at least a couple of times a week, hope your Dorset trip is good, at least the weather will be great for you!!

Took mine out for a damn good thrashing yesterday, Mrs wasn't too impressed I think the door must've been open cos she was hanging onto the handle for dear life!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Both,

Not many of us around still is there. Just thought i'd give a quick update on mine. Done 1500 miles now but only averaging around 40mpg, although my journeys are very short, on a long run i can get 50+ quite easy which is nice to know.

Seems to be getting better the more miles i do as expected, but with you both covering2500 & 5000 have you noticed a conciderable difference still?

As to others on the road i've only seem a black sport, in a village where my in-laws live so still not many around, and still none is white which is pleasing as i seem to be the odd one out at the minute.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Rob,

I've covered 1200 miles in mine since I've had it so not really sure what it was like when new and unabused. I had a gentle run upto Manchester last Friday and averaged 61mpg opn the whole run...... trouble is, the M6 seemed to last forever sitting at 55!!!!

Still not seen any other sports on the road, seen a few ceed hatches and a couple of estates. Took mine on a 'private road'(incase any coppers are reading!!!!!) and tookher upto around 125 .... smooth as the preverbial baby's bum.

Where in the world are you from Rob? I'm near Coventry and I think Yesitsmeagain is from somewhere in Leicestershire.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Steve,

I'm from Telford, Shropshire so not a million miles away.

Thats not bad to get over 60 even if you were sitting at 55, the way diesel prices are going it sounds a good bet

Have you considered any performance increases? I've had a quote for a re-map and and the increase looks appealing but think i'm going to wait a little while clock a few more miles up before hand.

Rob

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Rob,

I'm a courier, I'm normally in a Renault Trafic van but if I get small items I'll use the car so need to keep fuel costs down!! GRRRRRRR F****N fuel prices!!!
lol

I used to live in Shrewsbury and work in Wellington, know Telford quite well.

Yeah, I think it needs a remap, too much lag when changing through gears aggressively. Power just seems to die right off. Yesitsmeagain(I think) knows a bit about this ..... I still need to get in touch with him about it ......How much have youhad quoted for remapping, what improvements does it make? is there any drop in fuel economy? I'm only worried if the clutch is upto the higher power, I had my van remapped, excellent power improvement but clutch was slipping as soon as you put your toe hard down! Not good in a 3 ton van
had to have it put back to its original settings!

Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Steve,

I was quoted £300 for the remap, should expect to see 30bhp and 65N torque. Not to bad i didn't think for the increase and should also improve mpg's. Its nothing major so i'd hope the clutch would be able to cope, just the unknown as i would guess its going to be hard to find anyone who's had it done.

you "know Telford quite well", how unfortunate for you

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys,
Sorry I have not been able to post anything, I have had my internet down whilst waiting for Talk Talk to convert me to thier system.
I have now covered 3600 miles, and on a run on the motorway I have achieved 66 mpg
I have also just fitted a Tunit conversion, I just do not believe the difference this thing has made.
I can honestly say that the car has been totally transformed..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

Was the Tunit easy to fit?? I'd rather go for this over a remap. I'm struggling to get 40 mpg even on a long run now. Seems to be getting worse not better.....

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Rob,
If you can fit a bulb in your lounge at home, no problem !!!!!!
Is it possible for you to make direct contact, I have information you need.
I would be only to pleased to help.
Stevie was due to get in touch but I have not heard from him as yet.
I am very happy with the car now, I do however have a problem which may affect other ProCeed owners.
The handbrake is in need of attention, I have about 1.5 inches of free play before the ratchet and the handbrake is at it's furthest available travel and it only just holds.

I understand that this is a common complaint and will be sorted by the dealer network
if you have this issue.
I will be away for a week 30th June thru to the 4th July, so if you wish to make contact either of you give me a shout.
Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Folks,
Cheers for the email Ray(appologies for not being in touch). Info looks great. Money, however at the moment is a little tight.

My handbrake is the same as yours from the sound of it, on a bank and you need to leave it in gear to make sure it stays. Booked in for next week to sort it. Drivers window is starting to stick on the way up so keep an eye out for that happening. Also, not sure if it's the tyres or if there's play in the steering system but under braking on a slighlyuneven surface it seems to be very twitchy(more than you'd normally expect).

Anyways apart from a few niggles, the car is going great guns! I've taken her flat out on my 'test track'
to 130(128 on tomtom) and still had a little to go
Have been to London a couple of times in the past week and averaged over 45mpg on the runs even sat in the traffic for hours!

Looks like I'll have to try and get to Castle Combe to see their Pro Ceed in action.

Not sure if anyone out there is interestred in a free day out at Silverstone ..... June 7 & 8 ..... The Renault World Series is doing the same as last year and giving free tickets .... have a look at http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.com/silverstone/uk/get your tickets quick ..... if they've run out ..... give me a shout, I always order a couple spare.

Right, I'm off to do something useful in the house other than sit on here all night!!

Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Guys

had my handbreak sorted last week at the dealer, same symtoms.

touch woos all else seems fine.

Maybe a direct contact would be good if you want to PM me the details that would be great, seriously looking into this!

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi peeps,
I have just set up a deal to trade my focus st3 for an ex-demo pro-ceed 2.0 crdi sport.......you'll never guess what colour?

Registered jan 08 with 3500ish miles and all the usual toys (as far as i can tell).

I was very surprised at how much i enjoyed the test drive (really wasn't looking forward to going diesel) but found it to be an entertaining car.

Will definately have to look into some extra power when funds allow though

It sounds like you are all pretty happy with your cars, which bodes well.

look forward to chatting with you all soon............jamie.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Jamie,
Welcome aboard as they say I'm sure you will soon warm to diesel and to your Sport.
There are not many of us about at present so keep in touch and feed back your experiences good or bad, Kia have attacked a market with this car so if we can all share our thoughts and and real life with the car you can bet your bottom dollar that our points are noted by the right people.

Cheers for now......

·
Registered
100 Posts
It would make a nice change from "Fraud" if Kia really do listen to what we have to say about their products..........It was like banging your head against the proverbial wall trying to get "Fraud" to take any notice,,,,

Thanks for the welcome to the club/forum......

I think the fuel consumption alone will endear the pro-ceed to me......was only getting 22-23mpg from the ST

bye for now......jamie

1 - 20 of 70 Posts