Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m no expert, but something is definitely amiss with Live Traffic Data. I have read a few reports recently of owners complaining or believing that Post Update Nav units had given up rerouting them around traffic problems.

Well today I had almost the opposite problem. It was well reported on the radio traffic bulletins that the M6 ahead had been almost entirely blocked by an accident between two lorries, with tailbacks approaching 7 miles. Did the Nav reroute me? No.

Into the Head Unit settings, found Kia Live Traffic, and there was the accident listed amongst several reports. Selected Detour and plotted a route around the jam. 5 minutes later the Nav automatically rerouted me back towards the 7 mile jam. Fortunately I ignored it, and followed my nose which brought me back onto the M6 above the accident.

I don’t know if the fault lies with Kia or TomTom, but I’m pretty sure that it’s not meant to do that.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
762 Posts
I had something similar yesterday, I was taken straight into a 2-5 mile slow moving traffic on the M4 which TomTom and Google knew all about but wasn't shown on the head unit nav

1 - 2 of 2 Posts