Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been covered before (I did search) but has anyone got an up to date list of mobile phonesthatare compatible with the non nav radio?

The Sportage brochure just says to check with the dealer that your mobile phone is compatible. Unfortunately, that isn't much help if you are looking around for a new phone after you have bought a car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Register with the Kia Global Information System at http://www.kiatechinfo.com/

On the Home page, you'll see a link on the LHS to the current Bluetooth Compatibility list.

There aretwo lists there- one for Nav and one for non-Nav radios.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that.

It won't let me sign up though. Keeps returning some kind of error'8004020f'

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't know what browser you're using but their website doesn't work very well for me unless I use Internet Explorer.

Maybe try that. It might sort that error out for you

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just checked the site. Here are the system requirements...

System Requirements:Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, 64MB RAM, 1024x768 video resolution, Internet Explorer 6,
High-Speed (128K or greater) Internet connection,
Full-Screen Mode (press F11 in Internet Explorer) is recommended for best viewing.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers. It bombed with Chrome so I tried it with IE9 and it got a bit further then bombed.

I'll get my wife to give it a go on her netbook. It's running XP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I managed to get in on Chrome on Windows 7, although had to use IE8 to register as the pop-up was blank in Chrome.

Downloaded lists for Nav and non-Nav, but they only show those phones that have been tested. Not particularly comprehensive (none of the phones I am considering buying are on there
). They say "most Bluetooth phones should have SOME functionality". "New mobile phones are introduced frequently ""�""� although your mobile phone may not be listed here, it may work with the Kia
Bluetooth® Wireless Technology system". Not particularly helpful!

Not able to attach to the post and don't have anywhere to host the files, but I can email them if anyone wants.

·
Registered
564 Posts
If they can't get websites working with most, if not all, browsers these days what are the chances of pairing 'modern' phones?

Bet I wouldn't stand a chance then - probably never heard of a Mac
Edited by: Griffo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts