Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
Have a small problem with the kia sportage 15 plate 1.7 diesel. It has gone into limp mode again! The 1st time it happened it was showing codes p2454, p12bf, p0069, p0471 and p0699. I cleaned the throttle body and intake manifold which were coked up really bad and erased the codes my self and it drove perfectly for 6 months. Now the car has gone Into limp mode again showing codes p2454, p0069 and p0699. I did exactly the same thing again but didn't remedy the problem. Took it to a local garage and they said the intercooler was split and I need a dpf sensor and clean. I agreed for them to do it. They fitted all the new parts but the car is still at the garage in LIMP mode and they can't find the problem.
My question is
Does anyone have any suggestions on what is causing this problem ( I appreciate it could be a needle in a haystack thing)
Many thanks

·
Registered
2018 Sportage 3 1.7crdi, 2007 Picanto 1.1
71 Posts
Hi guys,
Have a small problem with the kia sportage 15 plate 1.7 diesel. It has gone into limp mode again! The 1st time it happened it was showing codes p2454, p12bf, p0069, p0471 and p0699. I cleaned the throttle body and intake manifold which were coked up really bad and erased the codes my self and it drove perfectly for 6 months. Now the car has gone Into limp mode again showing codes p2454, p0069 and p0699. I did exactly the same thing again but didn't remedy the problem. Took it to a local garage and they said the intercooler was split and I need a dpf sensor and clean. I agreed for them to do it. They fitted all the new parts but the car is still at the garage in LIMP mode and they can't find the problem.
My question is
1: do I have to pay for the dpf sensor as it was 260 quid and hasn't sorted the problem.
2: Does anyone have any suggestions on what is causing this problem ( I appreciate it could be a needle in a haystack thing)
Many thanks
What's the mileage and do you know what the codes relate to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the mileage and do you know what the codes relate to.
Just under 50,000miles. The codes refer to dpf differential pressure sensor. Manifold absolute pressure barometric pressure and sensor reference voltage c high circuit. All the same codes as 6 months ago but rectified with cleaning throttle body and intake manifold

·
Registered
2018 Sportage 3 1.7crdi, 2007 Picanto 1.1
71 Posts
Just under 50,000miles. The codes refer to dpf differential pressure sensor. Manifold absolute pressure barometric pressure and sensor reference voltage c high circuit. All the same codes as 6 months ago but rectified with cleaning throttle body and intake manifold
The previous post regarding turbo clogging sounds a good one. One of the codes relates to incompatible readings between MAP and barometric pressure sensor. Does disconnecting the MAP change anything. It may need a clean with carburettor cleaner but don't touch the wire with anything and allow it to dry. Obviously you want to avoid diagnosis by replacing components so maybe also check carefully the sensors electrical connections for cleanliness, chaffing etc. Any water ingress to ECU ? Was the DPF actually blocked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts