Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nearly every manufacturer is having suply problems at the moment, not just Kia, and not just for EV's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I spoke to my local dealer yesterday afternoon and ordered a 3 (EV) for July delivery; if I don’t like it then I can get my deposit back. There were literally a between two and five left of each colour and they all had the heat pump. Those were the only models marked as in-build, I was told that the 4‘s were not on the build schedule yet so couldn’t be ordered. I suspect that Kia are probably building what they can with what they think is the most popular spec.

·
Registered
34 Posts
...I was told that the 4‘s were not on the build schedule yet so couldn’t be ordered.
Interesting... Just got off the phone with a dealer who has confirmed that they are able to place orders for the EV '4', he checked on the system while we were talking as I'd read your comment earlier...

If your dealer was saying that he could only order a '3' for July that sounds quite plausible, not being able to order anything else at all doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could be I miss heard about ordering the 4’s it was a poor line. When I called back he did say they should be available from August but that he couldn’t see any in the build schedule.

I’m hoping the summer motorway range will be around the 300 mile mark at 60 mph - that would be ideal.

The dealer sent me his excel spreadsheet but even in that there are still some performance figures that are either TBA or a question mark - not everything is fixed yet !

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just ordered my EV 3 and the dealer said it would be available in 4 weeks, but when I asked for it in Runway Red he said 7 September (10 weeks)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just ordered the Niro EV '2' and Dealer said September for delivery.

Not as many bells and whistles as my Sportage GT line S, but very excited to get on the electric car ladder!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts