Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2004 Kia Sorento and I'm having a problem. This started just today. Every time I use the remote fob to lock the car, I notice a couple of hours later that the headlights come on and the indicators flash as though the fob has been used to unlock the car. Have already replaced the battery in the car twice and in the fob. What could be causing this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
To eliminate the key I'd pop the battery out after locking it and see if it still does it, alternatively you could move the key to a known place where it's out of range.

If it's the original key the switch could be faulty and making contact intermittently.

If the car gets unlocked and no doors are open then usually it re locks after a set period, this may give the impression that it's not unlocked itself, when in fact it's just re locked.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What is the distance between the keys and the car?

Is the car close to the door?

My car is outside front window, if keys are in my pocket and I go and look out of the window the mirrors unfold.

Sshooie says to move the key and see if it still happens. I read putting keys in the fridge blocks the signal, but never tried it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the distance between the keys and the car?

Is the car close to the door?

My car is outside front window, if keys are in my pocket and I go and look out of the window the mirrors unfold.

Sshooie says to move the key and see if it still happens. I read putting keys in the fridge blocks the signal, but never tried it.
I never have keys in my pocket. They hang behind front door. Car is about 20 feet from front door. Friend gave me a solution. Turn radio, headlights off and just use key to lock. Hasn't happened since. Getting fob looked at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts