Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone pls help with what this light means on the dashboard? The car seems to be running OK so I have no idea what this is trying to tell me and I can't find anything on the internet either.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Page 4.96 of your manual:
When there is a malfunction with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) system
When this warning light illuminates, it may turn off after driving the vehicle:
  • at more than 60km/h (37 mph), or
  • at more than 2nd gear with 1500
~ 2000 engine rpm for a certain time (for about 25 minutes).
If the this warning light blink in spite of the procedure (at this time LCD warning message will be displayed), we recommend that you have the DPF system checked by an authorised Kia dealer

·
Registered
158 Posts
I also initially guessed that the symbol was a DPF warning, but then I saw the rev counter redlines at 6500rpm! Would this model have a gasoline particulate filter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone I did indeed look in the manual and a quick trip down the M25 and the light went out so at least I know next time what I need to do. Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
4,908 Posts
PPF.
Petrol particulate filter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what was it???
So it must be a new thing on the Kias as ive never heard of it before, but essentially there is some filter in the exhaust which gets rid of particles normally as you drive. Sometimes it builds up and it requires driving on a motorway over 50mph to burn through the particles. I guess for some reason it just built up and i dont do alot of motorway driving so it got a bit clogged up. As soon as i drove it down the motorway for about 10 mins the light went off. All good after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts