Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have read various comments regarding the following.
The drivers seat height keeps lowering its self on its own, seem strange is this true ?
Also the LED lights are at there brightest when the lights are set to off ie not auto.
When in Auto they are slighlty dimmer, again this seems strange as i would of thought they would be bright until the main lights come on the same as my audi.

Hope one of you lucky owners can answer these question please.

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
The seat lowers because you tend to catch the height adjuster with the back of your leg as you get out.Unlikely but true.My LEDs stay at one brightness till side lights come on then they dim.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ditto

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't have a problem with catching my seat, so it stays in position. I'm sure the manual says the LEDs are slightly dimmer in the auto position. Maybe so slight we can't tell the difference?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Kia made a shorter, slimmer seat adjustment handle.I had the original one replaced by one of these because of this problem.

Maybe the newer size handles are standard on later models? I took delivery of mine in February

·
Registered
97 Posts
No seat issue in mine, there's no way of catching the handle, it was builtAug this year.
Had a look at the LEDs, there's no difference between the brightness if the lights are 'off' or auto. They only dim when the dipped beam is on, again there's no difference if you manually put the dipped beam on or 'auto' does it for you.

Paul

·
Registered
35 Posts
My seat is at the lowest position so I guess I wouldn't know whether the seat moved itself down over time.

The DRL's dim?!

I did not know or even notice this...I always leave my headlights on auto, just cos I can; plus it's great to see the reaction of the driver in front when you enter a tunnel or covered road and the xenon headlights blow them away suddenly :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
pirespt said:
Where can I find the auto lights? Is that a feature of the III version?

Yes it is on the '3.'

On your light control stick coming off the steering wheel column, you flick the outer main dial all the way up to 'Auto,' then the lights operate depending on the light coming from outside the car, sensed by a light sensor at the very front of the dash, by the air vents that clear the windscreen.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know they say its the seat lever but i am really sceptical having driven long distances on french autoroutes and only go out to fill up. The seat sank!

·
Registered
290 Posts
jemnetley said:
I know they say its the seat lever but i am really sceptical having driven long distances on french autoroutes and only go out to fill up. The seat sank!
My seat was lowering 2 or 3 times a week until i turned the lever around 6 months ago and it hasnt moved since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts