Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you leave your headlights on and leave the car does the engine shut down system turn them off and power down automatically after a period if time? Have a feeling I might have left them on today and don't want to go back to a flat battery. Anyone know?

·
Registered
153 Posts
They stay on for a minute or so. Remember they will come back on when you turn the ignition back on!

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you leave the lights on, they go off automatically after about 30-45 seconds....or if you double press the lock button on your remote fob, it will turn them off straight away for you.

But to omit a lights on buzzer function from an modern car is just bizarre penny pinching.

Edited by: 3pic

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have to disagree with you, 3pic, the auto turn-off is a replacement for the buzzer and is marketed as a plus feature to let you find your front door key.

·
Registered
536 Posts
And the buzzers drive you crazy when your only jumping out the car for a couple of seconds.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
3pic said:
But to omit a lights on buzzer function from an modern car is just bizarre penny pinching.
Count your blessings! I drive an American car... it's bong city. There are bongs for just about every conceivable thing that you might forget to do.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. I admit this is one instance where I would appreciate a buzzer

·
Registered
109 Posts
Why a buzzer? The lights turn off after 30 seconds or so or if you lock the car again. When you come to unlock the car, maybe in the dark, the lights come on again and will go off after 30 seconds or so again until the ignition is turned on. I think KIA have this right!

Warning sounds are great, but I detest the below 5 degree warning, a tadge high I think, and there is no warning sound when the fuel low light illuminates.

Hope the car started

·
Registered
65 Posts
jumped out the car the other night leaving lights on in a 40mph area came back to total darkness that explains it. will have to check were theparkinglights are

·
Registered
129 Posts
Fair enough, I appear to be a minority!

I've had an Audi,Renaultand BMW before and their 'coming home light' function is seperate to the headlights, in these cars thefog lights come on to guide you home and then go off, regardless of whether your headlights are on/off. MaybeI've just been spoilt in the past.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts