Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheers for all Sportage owners!
1500 km behind with 2,0 CRD-i AWD A/T and the car works as expected.The question is: doesanyone know whatmaterial is used on new Sportage´s seats when you have a leather/textile upholstery? In brochures they say just "leather" but I would say it is synthetic "leather". I had toremove the back seat (was installingthe towbar electrics) and looked the upholstery at back side. I feel a little bit swindled.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Disappointing that no one has replied to your post so let me help. To quote an old Startrek phrase ..."it is leather, Jim but not as we know it"

If the spec for your market says it is part leather then it will be leather. There are so many methods of manufacturing leather and yes some of them look imitation and also they can produce imitation leather which is extremely realistic.

Also eg Volkswagen only make the front of the seat in leather and the back in a synthetic material from which you can't tell the difference.

Gone are the days of Connelly hides as used on upmarket brands which were the cream of leather.

Kia's leather is not that brilliant. my seats are full leather and it is very sort of plasticky / vinyl type

So to look after your seats make sure that you treat the leather parts with a conditioner and I would recommend Autoglym's Leather Balm which is extremely good and will even address cracking on older leather which has been allowed to dry out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts