Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a six month old Optima GT Line S and I've noticed wear on the drivers side as you enter the car! Anyone with a similar issue? I have contacted my local Dealer and their reply was that it was "normal wear & tear"! I have also contacted Kia Customer Care and after they spoke to the Dealer and they came back with...the Dealer has stated that wear is due to outside influences!

Any info on who to contact, or point me in the right direction for advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I've noticed wear on the drivers side as you enter the car! Anyone with a similar issue?
Welcome to the forum 'highlanderpete'.

As an Optima SW owner of almost 3 years, I can't say I have noticed any wear on the driver's seat on mine. I have always used the sliding-seat so that ingress/egress is made easy but whether or not that has contributed to the lack of wear on the seat, I really couldn't say.

All leather upholstery will wear over time - witness old and very old cars so equipped - so I don't know whether you refer to the natural patination through normal usage or a manufacturing defect/inexplicable extraordinary wear.

From experience over the years, the studs on the pockets of some denim jeans or zips on the rear pockets of various other trousers can cause some damage to the seat area of contact. If the wear you have noted is extraordinary and not down to studs/zips or the like, then the advice of an expert might be required to demonstrate to KIA UK that the leather in your car is not fit for purpose.

Perhaps other forum readers can contribute more positive responses but nonetheless, I hope you are enjoying your Optima, the seating problem aside.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an Optima SW 3 with the part faux leather seats. I had the base cover of my drivers seat replaced at about 20,000 for the faux leather cracking.

I too was expecting the "wear and tear" or "outside influences" response given thats what I go on my wheel corrosion but surprisingly they agreed straight away.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yesterday morning my hands were really cold, I thought I know I will put the heated steering wheel on. Never used it before, not bad for 4 years. In fact had to scratch my head to find the button. Had a look around the dash when I stopped and eventually found the heated seat button. The steering wheel was so hot felt like an oven in the car lol. 😄😄

·
Registered
533 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts