Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Various threads in this forum raise the issue that the leather seats in the sportage may in fact be vinyl or something similar. As I have a so called 'full leather' sportage 3 sat nav, I sent an email to Kia Customer Service on this matter and 2 days later got a reply from Lynn Richards at Kia. I extract the key point from her email to me here:

'The upholstery in the car you mention is full leather - the sportage 2 and KX-2 have part cloth and leather. I'm not aware of any problems with tearing.'

So there you have a straight answer from Kia over this issue. As a suggestion, maybe more people should contact them via email about the tearing problem which is clearly an issue for some of you. Mine is fine after 10k miles.

Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
153 Posts
I still have the brochure from when I bought my Sportage, and it clearly says on page 31 exactly what Chris says - the 2 and kx2 have leather and cloth, the 3 and kx3 have full leather. It is the inset panels in seat and back that are obviously fabric in mine.

However, I wondered whether what they are referring to is the seating and back surface of the seat, the side bits, like the part that tears, being vinyl.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts