Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a2002 Carens that has developed a leak into the cabin on the passenger side and pools in the footwell. The drivers side is dry. I have inspected under the wheel arches and sealed all the areas / joints where water could enter the cabin. My thoughts are it may be entering via a window seal or thegulley by the windscreen wipers, however to prove this means removing the dash (no small task). Has anyone else experienced the same problem if so how did you fix the leak?

·
Registered
23 Posts
just a question, but does this leak develop when you use your rear wiper by any chance?? Could be a case of the pipe has worked loose from the connection point.

Easiest way to test for a water leak tho, is to use your garden hose to soak one area at a time (i.e wiper area or door area), and for someone else to sit in the car and look up shining a light to see if you can see a water entry point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The leak is on the front wind shield, and it happens when it rains rather than using the washers. I usually get a pool of water in the footwell when I come to the car first thing in the moring but I will check the washer hose.

I have tried pouring water over the wind shield but the water tracks and is almost impossible to see where it comes in. I have had the car over a pit and looked from below and still can't see where it leaks in. I have tried all the grommits incase it is leaking past one of those so I am at a bit of a loss really.

·
Registered
23 Posts
have you tried where the heater fan intake is??? i know of renaults that have this fault. have you actually took off the scuttle panel to look around???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts