Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a leak in their back window glass, if I get a carwash or there is heavy rain then there is a trickle of water comes down the inside of the glass on the drivers side?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Rain, what's that? Haven't seen any for ages. My rear window does not leak even though when closed you can wiggle the catch a bit. Take a look at the window seal (with the window open). It's possible for water to pool along the top of the seal so that if it is torn or twisted you may get a leak.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rain, I know, we got it again this weekend and it made up for the spell of Sun we had :)

Will have a look at the seal today now that the wet stuff has stopped again, its probably on the way back to you though

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update, got a new window weather seal and removed old one, the rubber was perished in places on the old one, new one on and no leaks yet

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was feeling confident so went to get the Sportage washed this evening and now its leaking in three different places around the upper window on the back door

Is there any chance one of ye could take a pic of the weatherseal around your upper window so I can compare mine with yours and see if I can spot anything please?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ignore my last post ! :)

Had another look this evening and.....

Who knew that the rubber weatherseal goes on both ways

Turned it around and it went on way better and gave a better seal than first time so...

Roll on the car wash now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts