Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having seen the post by 'Ivyjohn' in the Sportage forum about an update to the software and map now available online, I downloaded the material and performed the update on my car.

It took exactly 10 minutes from popping an SD car with the latest files into the slot and the 'completed' message appearing on screen.

The screen now reveals this information:

·
Registered
45 Posts
HI Indalo.

What was the update file called? been looking online to download it but only finding last January's one.

Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi there Indalo. Did you download map software update + firmware update please?

I'm guessing this is for Gen X 5 which appears to be part of the description I was looking at on torrent website, tagged by a further description of 2nd release 2019.

Certainly your uploaded image shows a later version than the installed maps on my 2018 SW

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you download map software update + firmware update?
I did indeed, 'Tommo21' and you are correct that it is the second release of 2019.

There should be two separate downloads available; one for the updated software and the other containing the new mapping. Obviously, you have found the right ones so you can go ahead and download the folders at your convenience but do it through a third-party site to protect your computer.

I use the one with the 'mu' symbol followed by 'torrent web' and if you install that on your computer, you can input the folder names from the other site and that will permit a safe download. I can't tell you how long the download might take as that's a variable, depending on how many are doing it but I left it overnight and it was done in the morning.

If you're happy to have a bash at it, do it and if you are unfamiliar with the process, I'm happy to walk you through it, should you need any help.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
252 Posts
Many thanks Indalo and also for the "walk through" offer

I'm fortunate to have access to young brains in my family which understand these torrent processes, so I might push my luck and seek their assistance.

I may well refer back to you if I may when it comes to going through the update process itself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Having seen the post by 'Ivyjohn' in the Sportage forum about an update to the software and map now available online, I downloaded the material and performed the update on my car.

It took exactly 10 minutes from popping an SD car with the latest files into the slot and the 'completed' message appearing on screen.

The screen now reveals this information: View attachment 5846
Hi
can you please send me the link where you downloaded the software and maps. I download one but my software version and firmware version is different to yours.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts

The screen now reveals this information: View attachment 5846
This is what I got now

Attachments

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can you please send me the link where you downloaded the software and maps.
Sorry, I no longer have those links but if you ask the right questions on the right search engines, you will probably find the folders with the files you need. I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts