Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve done about 400 miles since the recent update and I’ve noticed that a few things have changed, but today I noticed two brand new features, at least I’ve never seen them before, one useful, one really annoying.

The NAV screen now displays the name and distance to the next fuel stop on your route. That’s the useful one.

Just when you thought the Kia Cabin had enough bongs the latest update seems to have introduced a new one. If you ignore a turn etc on your route, intentionally or by accident, you now get a double bong to let you know. Less useful as it still reroutes anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
841 Posts
I’ve done about 400 miles since the recent update and I’ve noticed that a few things have changed, but today I noticed two brand new features, at least I’ve never seen them before, one useful, one really annoying.

The NAV screen now displays the name and distance to the next fuel stop on your route. That’s the useful one.

Just when you thought the Kia Cabin had enough bongs the latest update seems to have introduced a new one. If you ignore a turn etc on your route, intentionally or by accident, you now get a double bong to let you know. Less useful as it still reroutes anyway.

I wonder if the fuel stop only shows up if you are driving over a certain distance. It doesn’t show up on my commute to work which is 11 miles and I pass two petrol stations.
I think on previous update, if I was travelling 30 or 40 miles etc it would then show up parking areas on route and service stations coming up.

still annoyingly though latest update appears To have got rid of the traffic delay box which was quite a handy guide to see how much congestion there was and how much time was added onto journey but it’s been removed from what I can see.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
761 Posts
Well spotted @Alanw47 , the fuel notification will be useful I will look out for that one and I heard some extra bongs but had no idea what they were for 🤣 now I know thanks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still annoyingly though latest update appears To have got rid of the traffic delay box which was quite a handy guide to see how much congestion there was and how much time was added onto journey but it’s been removed from what I can see.
Never seen one of those. If I wanted to know anything about the traffic conditions I had to go through about 3 presses to get there

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well spotted @Alanw47 , the fuel notification will be useful I will look out for that one and I heard some extra bongs but had no idea what they were for now I know thanks.
It comes up in the top right corner, immediately below the ‘turn’ graphic

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wonder if it will show the next charger on EV's?

As that is something that EV users seem to moan about that the charger locations are next to useless.
They’re probably more important than petrol stations

·
Registered
841 Posts
Never seen one of those. If I wanted to know anything about the traffic conditions I had to go through about 3 presses to get there

Yeah used to be a little text box type thing next to the distance/time remaining. The box used to say TMC or LIVE depending on if hotspot was on or not. It then said underneath that delay and either — or 6mins etc. but that’s vanished now.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah used to be a little text box type thing next to the distance/time remaining. The box used to say TMC or LIVE depending on if hotspot was on or not. It then said underneath that delay and either — or 6mins etc. but that’s vanished now.
I've never seen that on either of my UVO cars, would be useful

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,471 Posts
I'm pretty sure that general traffic congestion and roadworks was delivered on the TMC channel (from RDS on Capital FM https://www.classicfm.com/radio/news/traffic-travel/ ) and this was supplemented by data from TomTom LIVE, when connected to the internet. This meant you did not need the Internet HotSpot to get the general traffic congestion update.

Since the last update the TMC data does not seem to be read or doing anything - I suspect Kia may be dropping it because UVO gives a permanent connection to TomTom LIVE - so those of us without UVO may miss out.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'm pretty sure that general traffic congestion and roadworks was delivered on the TMC channel (from RDS on Capital FM https://www.classicfm.com/radio/news/traffic-travel/ ) and this was supplemented by data from TomTom LIVE, when connected to the internet. This meant you did not need the Internet HotSpot to get the general traffic congestion update.

Since the last update the TMC data does not seem to be read or doing anything - I suspect Kia may be dropping it because UVO gives a permanent connection to TomTom LIVE - so those of us without UVO may miss out.
I’m not sure but I’ve rarely got any traffic data when not connected to hotspot on any previous version. So I’ve always relied on turning on hotspot to get this sort of data.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,471 Posts
I looked for this yesterday but couldnt see it, is it only there when your tank is getting low?
On a Gen 5 system it's a setting accessed from on the Map Page Menu/Nearby info/ Nearby POI That reveals a load of POIs you can have displayed (or not) on the Map)

Gps navigation device Plant Font Line Slope

Font Gas Gadget Wood Audio equipment

Reactions: macgd016 and iooi

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I looked for this yesterday but couldnt see it, is it only there when your tank is getting low?
Not for me, it’s there all the time I’m following a route, not there when I’m just driving with the map displayed but no destination set.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On a Gen 5 system it's a setting accessed from on the Map Page Menu/Nearby info/ Nearby POI That reveals a load of POIs you can have displayed (or not) on the Map)

View attachment 12694

View attachment 12695
I’m not convinced that’s what it is. It isn’t a dot on a map, it’s an information panel telling me that the next fuel stop on my route might be 40 miles away, and not even on the current screen

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
761 Posts
Not for me, it’s there all the time I’m following a route, not there when I’m just driving with the map displayed but no destination set
I've checked all the settings, I have the fuel POI's set and these shows the prices on the map but I can't find anything different for routes. This is the map screen when routing:
Plant Computer Gadget Font Display device

Where do you see the fuel info?

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,471 Posts
In my post Latest NAV Update - New Features above I thought that the POIs ended up on the map - I have just tried they currently don't but I'm sure they did (before the latest update)

Is my memory failing? or has something changed/failed in the latest Update?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I’m not convinced that’s what it is.
On my Optima, that low fuel warning has come up a few times over the 5 years that I have owned the car and I have always imagined it to be an integral part of the Nav system as the screen asks whether I'd like directions to the nearest or my selected fuel station from a list.

Whether the same screen would appear, were I not using the Nav system, I can't say but it's a useful feature when one has crossed the Rubicon, as it were, which means anywhere north of Watford for me! 😊

Reactions: Alanw47
1 - 20 of 70 Posts