Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi I have attached a photo of the system info on my Ceed 2013.
can any of these be updated?
My C'eed is in having some warranty work being done and requested a map update while its in there. They have told me they are having difficulty updating. If they get it done and no one gives you an answer by then, I will give you the new map versions.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
can any of these be updated?
I really don’t know anything about the system in the Ceed but I know the latest map descriptor in my Optima. I suspect that the nomenclature may have changed if indeed the systems should be rooted in the same base but the map number in my Optima may be totally irrelevant in regard to your Ceed model if the systems are dissimilar.

Just in case it should be relevant, I attach a pic of my screen after the last update:

IMG_0569.jpeg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply and information Indolo. The info on your screen looks very different to mine. Maybe mine is different system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My C'eed is in having some warranty work being done and requested a map update while its in there. They have told me they are having difficulty updating. If they get it done and no one gives you an answer by then, I will give you the new map versions.
Thank you Stonie. It will be interesting to see what version is latest. When I bought the car a couple of months ago it had to go to a Kia garage to fix a reversing sensor. I asked if they could check and update the maps. After fixing the sensor I was told the maps were the latest. I suspect they are not though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looking at your pic, your files are out of date.
I updated my stereo/nav on Friday. A chap called Ben Weaving (not sure if he's on here) on the Cee'd and Pro_Cee'd GT Facebook group sends you the files and instructions on how to update yourself for a small fee.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for thatTSY83.
Im not sure I can update myself as I tried that once using a usb stick. The factory fitted nav system could not read any of the files.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ben emailed me with a link to Dropbox file. His instructions were to download the files, then extract them and export them to a USB stick. I plugged the USB into the port in the car, switched the engine on and the stereo display came up with updates available. I pressed confirm and the files all downloaded fine. It did take over an hour and you can't switch the car off during the updating process!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't know if this is any help, but on the Kia Customer Services section of this forum is a long thread about 2019 Map Updates. The first post on the first page includes current version numbers. The map updates are released in the second quarter of each year, the last two years around June. Your Kia dealer will update the maps and software, on request, at a fixed £25 fee (also see the Kia Customer Services thread).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just an update, my C'eed is still in the dealer as they are having issues updating the maps. They are in touch with tech support and awaiting a solution. Worried as my maps are well out of date and wont be usable to a certain extent :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update, my C'eed is still in the dealer as they are having issues updating the maps. They are in touch with tech support and awaiting a solution. Worried as my maps are well out of date and wont be usable to a certain extent :(
Oh dear. I hope they sort it for you. What year is your Ceed?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh dear. I hope they sort it for you. What year is your Ceed?
Hope so too, might have to look at 3rd party head-units as a replacement they said would be £3.5k! Mine is a 14 plate. Purchased it about 6 weeks a go, and noticed the maps were out of date when i was driving locally through a new "A" road, so thought better get updated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's strange they're having trouble downloading the updates.

I was very pleased with what I got from Ben. His advice and guidance were really good. The added bonus was not having to leave my car at Kia for 1/2 day to a day for them to do it. Plus my car isn't booked in for it's service until mid-July and I couldn't wait that long!

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's strange they're having trouble downloading the updates.

I was very pleased with what I got from Ben. His advice and guidance were really good. The added bonus was not having to leave my car at Kia for 1/2 day to a day for them to do it. Plus my car isn't booked in for it's service until mid-July and I couldn't wait that long!
Have you got a contact or link to this Ben? Just in case I get the car back without the updates being appliedand could do with advice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hope so too, might have to look at 3rd party head-units as a replacement they said would be £3.5k! Mine is a 14 plate. Purchased it about 6 weeks a go, and noticed the maps were out of date when i was driving locally through a new "A" road, so thought better get updated.
I’ve been considering an Atoto 6 head unit. They seem pretty good on YouTube videos and reasonably priced. Don’t know how easy to fix in though. I asked a local car electronics firm what they had for a Kia Ceed and they said it would cost about £800 for a unit and fitting it. Far too much!!! I really only want to be able to get CarPlay on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’ve been considering an Atoto 6 head unit. They seem pretty good on YouTube videos and reasonably priced. Don’t know how easy to fix in though. I asked a local car electronics firm what they had for a Kia Ceed and they said it would cost about £800 for a unit and fitting it. Far too much!!! I really only want to be able to get CarPlay on it.
I have a had a look at fitting kits including facias and most are for the left hand drive cars. Connect2 seem to a harness that does all I need and then finding a decent DAB/Android Auto head unit is the next step. Dont really want to spend loads but want to get something that is reliable. Will wait for reply from Kia before I start researching, but your recommendation looks nice :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts