Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento Hybrid 2020
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Is there a way of finding out what the latest firmware/software release is for the new Sorento? I'm assuming my 70 plate is running the latest but would like to be sure and to know for future reference.

Thanks,
Phil.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Go into general settings & post a picture of software info screen & then we can tell if software & maps are up to date

·
Super Moderator
5,987 Posts
Software is not part of the PDI.
Pretty sure software is as loaded either at Factory or when checked in main facility when arriving in UK.

Maps are now EUR.13

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,067 Posts
Kia Customer Services announced the newest update last month. The Gen 4 issue has since been resolved.

Hi all

2021 map updates are now ready for all platforms EXCEPT THE 4TH GENERATION. If your 2020 versions are those circled below, the 2021 versions for your platform are undergoing further testing. Thanks for your patience.
If you're unsure which platform your car has, please PM us with the reg.

View attachment 10152

KCS

·
Registered
Sorento Hybrid 2020
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go into general settings & post a picture of software info screen & then we can tell if software & maps are up to date
Here is the screen....the Update button is greyed out in the car.

Gadget Font Mobile device Communication Device Display device
Font Gas Tints and shades Gadget Display device

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Euro.12 is the 2020 maps and both the software and firmware appear to be 2020 as well. So it depends on whether you want the update every year, or skip a year and wait until next years (2022). The update button activates when the update package is detected on the SD card.

·
Registered
Sorento Hybrid 2020
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Euro.12 is the 2020 maps and both the software and firmware appear to be 2020 as well. So it depends on whether you want the update every year, or skip a year and wait until next years (2022). The update button activates when the update package is detected on the SD card.
So is there a more up to date version? I only purchased the car a few weeks ago so would expect it to be updated.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
I refer you to my comment at post #4 above. Dealers will not update unless you specifically ask them.

·
Super Moderator
5,987 Posts
You have the Purple "Magenta" software (type 2), so it should only be maps that need updating.

TBH, a 70 plate can be anything from 1st September 2020 through to the end of February 2021. So anything upto 8 months old.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Here is the screen....the Update button is greyed out in the car.

View attachment 10512 View attachment 10513
Software & maps in your system are installed between October 20 & April 21 but there is an update to both software & maps released to dealers on the 20th April.
New maps & software improve sat nav zoom settings ,more personalisation of settings on the display & Android Auto
Your update is carried out by USB there is no SD card in your system

Reactions: mr.macspot and iooi

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Software & maps in your system are installed between October 20 & April 21 but there is an update to both software & maps released to dealers on the 20th April.
New maps & software improve sat nav zoom settings ,more personalisation of settings on the display & Android Auto
Thank you for correcting my error, I didn't know there was a difference. (y)

·
Registered
Sorento Hybrid 2020
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, so do I need to contact my local dealer for the update?

·
Super Moderator
5,987 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Picked up my HEV 4 three weeks ago. How up to date is my software? Thanks in advance.
If I am reading your screen correctly:
Software update 13/10/2020
Firmware update 13/10/2020
Maps update 30/07/2020
They look as if they are last years. Hopefully somebody else will confirm.

·
Super Moderator
5,987 Posts
That is my take as well. It seems logical that they put the date of the update in the file version. Rather than the old EUR.13 etc. Which did not tally to any year.

Min is 02.210303 which I read as 03/03/21 I take it that the 02. means Type 2. or 2nd version of software, as there was a issue when it was 1st released.

Reactions: fergus73

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was having a few problems with my Sorento 21 and the dealers updated my system on the 04/08 here are the details from that update if it helps anyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Product Gadget Font Gesture Finger

I got my firmware updated yesterday. I was short on time so the garage have me USB stick with that firmware to upgrade at home. Not sure if i can share it but happy to try it there is someone interested.?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts