Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Kia Support,

My Cee'd 1.6 Deisel 4 MY17 is due to have its first service is a couple of weeks time.

As part of this service I would like the dealer to update all the various firmware and software on the car (head unit, sat nav application and maps etc) and I would like you to kindly advise me of the latest version numbers for the various updates please.

My current versions are:

Software: JD_17MY.EUR.SOP.003.17.161212
Firmware: JD_17MY_EUR.0.5.139.161118.MICOM
Nav App: INT_AVN_MID.EUR.KMC.161209.100733
Map:EUR.09.47.50.582.002.2(D.C1)

Also, I understand that there may be a charge of up to £25 for the maps update, but is there any charge for having the various firmware and software updates carried out if the Maps were not to be updated?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you very much in advance.

Moley

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hi Moley

Apologies for the delayed response.

The latest versions for you cee’d are:

System version - JD.EUR.SOP.005.9.180306
Map version - EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2(D.D2)

Your head unit should have both software and maps updated together; failure to do so may cause functionality issues. Therefore software in this package can’t be installed free of charge. However there may be occasions when you have routine servicing for example and the dealer detects a software enhancement is available. They might choose to do this free of charge although this is at the dealer’s discretion.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Kia Customer Service,

my Kia Ceed (2018/12; 1.4MPI; Gold) has the following software versions:

software: CD.EUR.SOP.V093.180713.DAU_A
firmware: CD.EUR.281.180201.MICOM.DL

Could you check the newest firmware versions for this model?

Kalman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks a lot GTOldie, but I couldn't found the answer in that thread. Maybe the version numbering on that image a little different than mine.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hi Kia Customer Service,

my Kia Ceed (2018/12; 1.4MPI; Gold) has the following software versions:

software: CD.EUR.SOP.V093.180713.DAU_A
firmware: CD.EUR.281.180201.MICOM.DL

Could you check the newest firmware versions for this model?

Kalman

Hi Kalman

That's different to what we're used to seeing! Is this a UK registered car?

KCS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi KCS,

no, this is not a UK registered car, I thought that the versions in the EU is equals because these cars made in Zsolna by Kia Motors Slovakia.

After I wrote here, I've got these version numbers as the newest current versions from Kia Motors Hungary at 2019 november 5.:
SW: CD.EUR.SOP.006.3.190314
FW: EUR.11.47.52.542.101.2
They wrote me that the next update will be arrive at the end of january.

One of my friend brought a Kia Ceed 1.4 MPI Gold - so equal with my car - at the end of august in Hungary. That car contains these versions:
SW: CD.EUR.SOP.V093.190503.DAU_A
FW: CD.EUR.281.181123.MICOM.DL

I brought my car at 2018 december with these versions:
SW: CD.EUR.SOP.V093.180713.DAU_A
FW: CD.EUR.281.180201.MICOM.DL

My car's FW and SW versions doesn't changed after the mandatory service at 2019 septembre when they told me they updated the firmware too.

When I read the hungarian Facebook groups I read from a new firmware update, which changed something about the gas pedal working and the accelration is better with the new software version when the car equiped with engine 1.4.

I asked from an owner who wrote about this better acceleration, but he's version - which upgraded at 2019 november - equal with mine from 2018 december. :D He brought the car at 2019 march.

I talked again with the Kia Service where I was and they haven't any idea, they think that they upgraded the software too. :D

Maybe we checked the versions at wrong place? We checked the versions on the center console System information \ Version information menuitem. Maybe there is another software which controls the engine / gas pedal / other important things?

Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for your answer. I just tried to understand how our car works and I didn't found any good source.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts