Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

I last had my 2017 Optima software/maps update in December 2019 and I believe a newer version was released sometime in 2020. Can anyone comment on wether anything of note came out in the latest release that would make the cost of a dealer update (£45?) worth it.

Cheers.
A month ago I bought a 2018 Optima Sportswagon and rang my nearest KIA dealer in Kent, they quoted £45.
Am since end lockdown at our other house in Northumberland and rang KIA dealer he quoted £25! I am sure as it is a labour intensive job wages in Kent are not 80% higher, also for what it is it smacks of profiteering, nothing like good customer relations to do this stuff for free! All it entails is sticking an SD card in a computer, doesn’t need a trained engineer for that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had my map update last week and asked and was told that it is this year's version. That's 2021.
Driving from Northumberland to Kent yesterday I was told to turn left on the A14 junction 14 of the A1(M)! Since the 21 mile section of the new A14 opened in December 2019, this is now the A1307, all the way to the M11 it was trying to guide me to the old A14. Not a very good update if you ask me. I shall try and determine the version and contact the dealer. This cannot be described as a current update if data still has not been updated since December 2019!

·
Registered
16 Posts
@Sad555 - Thank you, until I saw your images I didn't know you could change the background on the Android Auto home screen. Much nicer. (y)
I like the way it treats junctions and find it a lot less confusing on which route to take. My beef is with the accuracy, especially travelling South on the A14. Despite this opening in 2019 and the map update is 2020, it doesn’t incorporate this new route. Also in our town of Sittingbourne it shows the old Papermill, this was demolished about 9 years ago and a new Morrisons and a housing estate were built on the land 5 years ago - don’t exist!!
I also think she says Way one or Way 12 instead of A1 or A12, might be a Korean with good English, but no understanding of road naming.
And who says A one thousand, six hundred and forty two? ITS THE A -1 - 6 -4 -2!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts