Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
This is what I have been getting - 90% urban driving with short journeys. Start-stop works well most of the time. Been told that my car has Eco pack as well but don't know what are the modifications because of that in the car.
Solar
10936
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
The "ECO Pack" comes as standard on pretty much the entire Ceed range (except GT-Line I think as that has bigger wheels) and is basically :

1) Air flap which closes when not required (Active Air Flap or similar is what KIA call it);

2) An underbody cover over the whole of the car, not just an engine splash shield;

3) 5mm lower suspension;

4) The Michelin energy saver tyres.

The "ECO Pack" used to be optional on earlier Ceed models but Kia have to fit it to everything these days in order to comply with emissions regs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@kenp1 :You are most likely correct. I log fuel using Fuelio app. The last 2120 miles mpg 46.12. The readout from the car computer is for ~2500 miles. I started to use the app a bit later.
11065
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
46mpg for urban sounds right.

That's about what I get when there's traffic. Same route, no traffic (or speeding) will get me 53mpg because I usually don't have to brake at roundabouts.

Regarding ISG - I really don't think it should be activating at all until the engine gets to normal temperature. Stop/Start seems unlikely to prolong engine life prior to those conditions but YMMV. Apart from that, once the car is up to temps it seems OK but I confess to turning the fan from 2 to 3 when the aircon is on just to stop ISG :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
As it was cooler this week I decided to turn the aircon off and got 440 miles from 40 litres. That works out to be exactly 50mpg.

That's with E5 petrol and the passenger window half open. 80% of the mileage is in <40mph zones (mainly 30, some 20) and the other 20% is 50mph and above.

Doesn't sound too unlikely as the "combined mpg" quoted by Kia is 49.6. Suggests that aircon set to max in >30C weather eats about 8-9% of the fuel in urban conditions.

I'll be interested to see what effect E10 petrol has. For now the cheapest petrol in this area is still E5.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top