Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help a new Niro PHEV owner in the UK please?
I would like to change the Lane Keep Assist to Lane Departure Warning or possibly switch it off altogether. Help gratefully received :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gareth. Exactly the same for me. The manual says there is an option but it doesn't seem to exist on my car!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can anyone help a new Niro PHEV owner in the UK please?
I would like to change the Lane Keep Assist to Lane Departure Warning or possibly switch it off altogether. Help gratefully received :)
You can't. You can switch it off altogether temporarily with the switch mentioned above but it always comes back again every time you start it.

You can set it to warn only i.e. LDW rather than nudging the steering wheel in the settings somewhere, but again, it reverts to LKA when you restart it.

I agree, it's a PITA, especially on narrow country roads, and I'd love to disable it permanently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Alun the narrow country lanes are the problem for me too! I suppose I just need to keep pressing the switch.........

·
Registered
177 Posts
Had mine for 6months now and it has become 2nd nature the push the off button in the first 100 yards or so of a journey.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, I don't think I've heard a positive thing about it, I wonder if Kia CS are reading this ... ?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Yes, I don't think I've heard a positive thing about it, I wonder if Kia CS are reading this ... ?
Lane departure is OFF by default on my Niro 4 2018. Seems as though Kia have been lobbied by a vocal of know-alls!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
On my Optima, I tried LDW and LKA during my first few weeks with the car. Having decided that I preferred them off, I was able to untick those things in settings. If it is no longer possible to dispense with those items in that way, I think it is a retrograde step by KIA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have gotten used to this feature on my dualcarriageway outings, and quite happy now with the way it works.....except! Yesterday cruising along with the lane keep and cruise lights green. I went under a bridge and the cruise ( steering wheel) turned white, stayed white and didn't go back on itself, although the car mainained set speed. I drifted over white line and nothing happened, no warning noise and no attempt to steer back to lane. What is this about?
Niro 4 EV
If I remember I always turn off lane keeping on single carriageway outings, too erratic!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts