Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I'm entitled to post yet as my Soul is on order

But after lurking around the forum for a week I thought I'd better introduce myself. My Soul 2 CRDI is due for delivery in May and it didn't seem like I had long to wait when I placed the order, but now I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas
Are the delivery dates generally accurate for standard models?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
a few people have had to wait a bit longer. The container ships only arrive every so often, it depends if your specially ordered car makes it onto the first available transport. Either way - the Soul is a nice car and worth the wait. And the Soul 2 CRDI is the best all round choice for Soul ownership.

when you get it, make sure you pop some pics in the gallery so we can all see the new addition.
Edited by: tempest

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You will love the Soul fussychick,they are really good to drive.My Tempest had been great ,love the sound system and the 18" wheels which it would appear not many like because of the harsh ride but the Soul 2 has the smaller wheels which give a better ride. Enjoy the carhope you get it on time.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your replies
Tempest, I was told that it was already enroute when I ordered it, so fingers crossed. Anchorman, I've ordered it in bright silver. It's good to hear that you're all pleased with your cars. I've loved the Soul since I first saw one about a year ago but I really haven't seen that many around. Though I dare say that will change.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I currently have a silver punto and it seems to stay or should I say look cleaner for longer than our previous cars, I'll have to keep the spray & shine and microfibre cloths handy then

Do you have the Gard x on yours? I went for it as having read about the stone chips some cars have had, I thought it may protect the paintwork a bit

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've always had silver cars bit weird i know lo,l and the soul cos of it's shape at back holds the dirt. No not bothered about stone chips, and i'm a yorkshire lad don't like spending brass. A car is a tool to get from A to B like any other tool they get damaged i usually replace my cars every 3 years no mots then.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi SteveA,I agree it's just a car to go from a to b though now I have retired I will have to keep this one a little bit longer.Most of my cars did far to much mileage to keep them 3 years. What part of sunny yorkshire are you in,I am in South Yorkshire.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I like a car to get me from A to B, but I do look after my cars they get a wash and hoover at least 3 times a year
as I have to keep them for quite a while, my 51 reg Punto would still look new if an idiot hadn't scraped/dented the back of it whilst I was in work

And that's despite me using it for runs to the tip, helping my kids move and having had a big freezer, a bed, sofas, chairs & even the kitchen sink in it, although obviously not all at the same time

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi SteveA. I know West Yorkshire very well,I used to work for the Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce for a couple of years and worked in all the offices in the area. I also used to be UK Manager on the road all overthe countryat one time and The County in Durham was one of my favourite hotels when I was in the North East.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not a happy bunny

Kia dealer phoned today and said my car has just been built and will be shipped over by mid June! They told me it was already on it's way over when I ordered it 4 weeks ago
and when I questioned them about it they said it must have been a glitch with the system. As I was expecting to get the car at the beginning of May, I'd booked a few days away at the end of May to give it a good run and was really looking forward to it.

I'm beginning to have second thoughts now as there are so many used ones for sale and I've probably only seen about 10 out and about in total, so it does rather beg the question why are there so many? Surely they can't all be dealer demo cars

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Went to the Kia dealers today to have a word about my wheel that I scuffed when I hit a brick that had been dropped on a roundabout,they had only two Souls in to sell,one new one used.If you pick any car out and count them in a week you will see many more than 10 fussychick, the Soul is a good car and worth waiting for.Better to wait for a new bulit one than be in the position of 1000s piled up on the docks or in fields waiting for an owner. There are cars as good if not better than the Soul, maybe not as good value for money as the Soul but all round the Soul takes some beating. It's going to get much worse for some cars when the stock of parts from Japan run out,even some other manufacturers use elecrtonic parts from Japan so it's not only Japaneses cars that will suffer.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would keep an open mind as they are due to revise the Soul. You may find you get the later version and are assured of the latest production changes.

Sit tight!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The Soul is a good car, but it has something special about it that few other cars have, it has attitude and character - it becomes more than a car - it becomes a pet. I am well aware of the good and bad points in my car - but i love it and i care for it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do love the Soul & wouldn't cancel it as there isn't another car out there that I'd want instead, but I'm a bit worried about it's longevity as I'm not able to replace cars very often so I'd like at least 10 hassle free years from it although ideally 20 as it's costing double what my current car cost when new

We have a lot of things planned for May & June and a lot of miles to cover and I was really looking forward to doing them in my new Soul. I know it will be worth the wait but I'm not very good at waiting especially as my 8 week wait has now turned into 15 weeks.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts