Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
61 Posts
I thought the rear screen on Civic was brilliant, not having to constantly be fighting the spray and muck with a wiper.
Same here, i had an 8th gen Civic for the past 5 years, and never had any issues with having no rear wiper, but then again i do wash my car every week wihout fail (unless the hose pipe is frozen)

GAP insurance, i've never needed it, as always bought my cars outright, even though the dealer who i bought my Civic off (for cash) insisted i needed it, half an hour wrangling later, and when i nearly walked out on the sale, he finally relinquished and let me buy the car without GAP insurance

Paint protection, as mentioned above, i'm fastidious when it come to car cleaning, so always do my own polishing/waxing/sealing etc

Also bare in mind, you could probably get a professional Detailer to apply paint protection for a lot less than a dealer can

·
Registered
607 Posts
Reversing in heavyish rain is more fun with a wiper ;)

Reactions: mr.macspot

·
Registered
2018 3.3 V6 Twin Turbo GT-S Hichroma Red
16 Posts
No rear wiper on my Stinger, not that a clear rear window is much use, rear visibility isn't that great anyway, though when taking my son down to Uni and the car was filled to the roof then I noticed that the rear was some use after all.

Its mainly this time of year that this becomes an issue, wouldn't stop me getting a car (it didn't this time :) )

Vince

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I never had a rear wiper on my last car (Volvo s60) it was a pain on cold mornings and the windows was covered in wet/damp moisture and at night when it was raining it was difficult seeing anything reversing so relied more on wing mirrors and sensors. I cannot answer directly on this model of car and how it effects visibility etc.
Regarding the paint protection, I had it applied to my Niro (secondhand) courtesy of the selling dealer and have been delighted with the result. It was Gen-3 Paint Protection and it has never needed extra coats in the 3 years I've had the car. Water still beads and it glows in the sunshine when freshly washed. I'd go for it again...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went for a test at the weekend in a EV6 GT-Line S RWD and was very impressed with everything about the car…..except the lack of rear wiper.
I’m looking at getting GT-Line S AWD with heat pump in the red. Haven’t decided yet on paint protection or GAP insurance.

Does any one lucky enough to have already taken ownership of there EV6 have any comments/issues with this lack of rear wiper?

I look forward to any comments regarding this or any other issues since taking ownership you have found with the car.
*Rain X to keep windows clear of rain.
*GAP insurance- many insurers have new car replacement for two years if you are first reg keeper. If you need it do a Google search, costs about £150ish for two yrs for EV6.
*Paint protection- waste of money if bought from dealer, their valeting guys are under tight time constraints and do a very rush hit and miss job, it is a big earner for dealers. Even new cars have scratches, swirls etc (look on Detailing World forum). Got my EV6 last week and it’s currently in for a four day paint correction and ceramic coat including wheels off and coated, along with suspension, brake calipers and glass.

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
6,868 Posts
Right.
I stand corrected on this..

Check 8:11 in this video. Would have been nice to see from inside. He did say that the car has had a ceramic treatment so he has been told not to wash it..

Reactions: BillyC
21 - 29 of 29 Posts