Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.0 2013 Sportage KX4 with 130K + miles on the clock, at the last MOT an advisory stated both rear tyres were wearing on the inside edges and now wondering what is causing this, I try to keep on top of the pressure weekly.
There is no towing nor are heavy loads carried.

The car actually failed on worn track rod ends, these were replaced and realigned but this all affects just the front, right?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Front track rods affects just the front. Suggest that you get a 4 wheel alignment - there is track adjustment at the rear too.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Defo an issue with alignment somewhere, here were mine at end of life :

Hope you manage to find where your issue is.

WD :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
As far as I am aware Kia rotated them at every service.

Other than that I got one puncture on that set so it’s possible one of the tyres could have been flipped inside edge to outside.

All looked like that photo when they were removed for replacement and wheel refurbishment :

WD :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's to do with the bushes wearing out on the rear suspension. I just had the same issue with tyres. I think it was rear assist arms that need replacing. They have a cam bolt that can be adjusted to set the camber right again but the bushes are so worn it will just happen again. Looking around the arms are £20 to £40 each side. Will update when I get them done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's to do with the bushes wearing out on the rear suspension. I just had the same issue with tyres. I think it was rear assist arms that need replacing. They have a cam bolt that can be adjusted to set the camber right again but the bushes are so worn it will just happen again. Looking around the arms are £20 to £40 each side. Will update when I get them done.
Thanks for that, its something I didn't know, its probably my lookout for buying a high miler!
an advisory on that MOT also stated 'o/s/f and n/s/f suspension arm rear mounting bush splitting', so things are wearing out..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts