Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. First post but been following you all on here for ages now. Thought I should share some information with those who are interested. I order my kx3 satnav 2ltr diesel on wait for it ...... 23rd October 2010! Yep and I still have not got it! I think having read all these threads I'm the longest waiting person ever to have lived and I'm pretty pissed off! I have been told so many stories and lies and promised so many dates and months that over the weekend I just lost the will to live. Today I phoned up head office and just very calmly said enough was enough. No one should have to wait this long bka bla bla and that I needed some truthful answers. I had been told last month that it would def be august delivery, but as you can expect I was a tad sceptical by yet another date. Today I was told that there are 9 kx3 satnavs being manufactured for the uk Market for outstanding orders this month. Mine being one of them. 8 of these are in White ( White is also my colour) and the 9th is a different colour.

So light at the end of the tunnel. I hope that this is a truthful response this time, I'm sure it is. The lady I spoke to said she rarly gets as mush information as she got today so it does so hopeful. I just though if there were others out there like me waiting on the sportage this information might be useful. I was going to cancel the order by the end of the week if I had heard nothing as I just couldn't hold out any longer, I needed a new car before Xmas so now in July I'm in dire need

Cheers guys

Ell

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Ell

I ordered my White KX-3 Satnav in december.

I have been in the same boat since then. I was told last month that i was 6th on the list so lets hope one of those 8 white Sportages is mine.

I am just wondering if this does go ahead whether to wait a few more weeks for the new 61 plate.

I will speak to my dealer tomorrow and see what he says, then let you know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think they were all diesels. Well she said all models of my spec so I guess diesel but who knows. With them all being White I figured they had a rather large shortage on White paint over the last 9 months!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surprise surprise. After me kicking off yesterday, today I had a call frommthe dealers saying that my car now has a delivery date on aug 22nd!!! Result. I'm very pleased I have a confirmed date. Still that's exactly 10 months to the date since I placed my order. That is bad no matter how you spin it. I just hope it was worth the wait! I hope one of those coming is yours also dicko. Maybe you will hear something today also?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've been waiting since Feb 2nd for a White KX3 Sat Nav CDTi, luckily when ordered I was told to expect the car late Aug and no sooner. Hopefully one of those is mine!

As for your situation, I'd find that intolerable. I was aware of the wait, but you clearly weren't made aware it'd be soooo long. Glad you've got your date!

Paul

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a reply today saying that i was indeed one of the lucky 9. There are apparently a few of us from last year that order white kx-3's and those orders are being fulfilled. My delivery date is the end of august. All of these customers including you, Ellovich will be recieving a nice letter from Kia offering a nice sweetener... i won't spoil the suprise for you... Enjoy your new toy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hhhhmmmm intrigued!! So glad one of them has gone to you mate. That's good news. It also shows I wasn't being fed a pack of lies. Which is a good thing. I've been pleased all day but I'm still flabbergasted by the amount of time I've waited. What was getting me more rattled was a bloke near me has a black 1.7 and the amount of time he has been behind me on the road was doing my head in. Still it looks a good car in the rear view mirror!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 1.7D are a different kettle of fish as they are not the popular choice being 2wd. I think the last few winters have pushed everyone towards the 4x4. I have been given the whole timeline from conception to delivery so you (Ellovich) should be able to get the information as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just checked up on mine, still no confirmed date other thanend of Aug beginning of Sept.

That'll do me, last thing i want is a phone call early Aug when 61 plate is out1stSept!

Paul

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From whom did you get the timeline from Dicko? That sounds pretty interesting I'd like to get my hands on that, if it's my dealer I won't hold my breath they don't seem to be the best for me!!!

Paul- I'm at that stage now where in all honesty I don't really care about the plate change!!! Just want the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got the timeline which details construction, completion, shipping, customs, delivery dates from my dealer.

They get it off their access to Kia UK online using your customer order number.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Placed an order for our non satnavon 29 jan arrived last friday after sittingat main import centre in england waitng for a part for alarm apparently for3 weeks, so picking it up tomorrow, really looking forward to it
Glad i didnt go for the satnav when you look at the lenght some of you guys are waiting but still will be nice when it arrivesEdited by: Grenadekid

·
Registered
84 Posts
i was lucky when i ordered my KX3 Sat Nav auto as i did order a techno orange one but then changed my mind and chose a artic white one which was on order for someone else but they cancelled the order after 2 months, so in march this year i placed my order and i will be picking mine up next monday, it is in my dealers garage as we speak waiting for the car to be registered by dvla, seen the car today looking very nice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Guys, just had a phonecall from my ocal dealer, and i have been told that my car is due to be delivered to the dealer first week of august!!, those who have read earlier posts will note that it was meant to be aug 22nd, so looks like my car is ahead of time.....still not december lat year, but hell its getting better!!!!

very excited now, it cant come too soon, i seem to be seeing more and more on the road lately, so maybe they have got into gear with production in the last few months or something

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thats excellent news, nice one!
It'd be nice if mine was one of those coming in...but I wont hold my breath!!
I know you said you are not bothered about the 61 plate, is that still the case?

Paul

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah Paul. Maybe a tad naive but I still don't care about the plate. Screw it. I just want the motor! Such a long time that I just want the thing now. Just got to get as many freebies thrown is as I can. Got the supaguard, the tank of fuel and the car mats. Don't know what else to go for!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts