Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG I am so very disappointed with the towing of the KX3.
Talk about rocking and rolling and not to mention the 1/2 ton lighter. It's NOT good.

I want my 2009 Sorento Titan back

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Cathy, I have the same car (KX3 Auto) and found similar problems My previoustow-carwas a disco 3 which had a nose weight limit of 150KG andwhen I checked the nose weight of the caravan it was 115Kg which was way over the 85kg limit for the Sorento Auto when I altered the load of the caravan and got the nose weight down to near the limit it towed much better,Ithen decided to fit some "M A D" rear springs which helped the car to keep the car level and whilst it will never tow as well as the Disco it tows fine as long as you keep it below 65Mph.

Regards
Doug

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Doug we did that too and totally emptied the front locker and now thenose weight is 75 but I still don't like it towing at all.So much so were having a disco delivered for a weekend trial and if I like it then the KX3 is history.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Cathy you will love the Disco as a towcar but the cost of servicing and reliability of the Disco is unbelievable £500 for the normal service £800 for the big services. In the first 3 years I had £2500 of warranty work and at the end of the manufacturers warranty Landrover wanted £800 per year warranty and all the servicing has to be done at the main agents. I spoke to a guy the other week who had just had work done on his handbrake and the cost was over £900!!. insummary if youaren'tworried about the cost Go for the Landrover.

regards

Doug

P.S. beware of other warranties as theydon'tusuallycover the labour costs fully

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouch. Will pass that info onto my OH. Looks like we might have a re think. Thanks for that Doug

·
Registered
124 Posts
Get a good second hand as late model facelift sorento back in your life again. I love mine.
the KX3 looks nice but if it dont do the job then its no good to you is it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bigmark, It does the job no problem it's more than capable. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the KX3. I'm still towing at 85% safe as houses.
I just don't rate it against the2009 Sorento Titan I just traded in.You would need to have had and towed with both to know where I'm coming from. Of course this is a personal opinion and perhaps not everyone will agree but that fair enough.

It will not be given any awards for being a good tow car like the previous heavier model.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Cathy have you seen the forum topicuniversaljoint/drive shaft . which refers to third party warranty?

regards
Doug

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow Doug poor Steve.I've always said that after the manufacturers warranty runs out the other ones you can buy (well most of them) are only worth the paper they are written on. Hope Steve fights them and wins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts