1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I have thought about
it also, but unsure how it will affect the warranty. I have been told it is not
detectable, but don't want to ask my dealer outright in case they suspect I
have had it done. I believe it cost around £300. My brother in law has had his
54 reg Sorento done and says it increases power, torque and fuel consumption.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi just bit the bullit and had my ks2 remapped power and consumption great sorry not great it's awesome I tow a large caravan and the torque was fantastic, the ecu was removed and the seal opened very carefully, remapped and sealed its not traceable by garage owners my remapper says if codes are reset by dealer he willremap at no extra cost to me, no chips removed or piggybacked I watched the process to the end and I'm very happy

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know a really good guy who does the remapping of our vehicles at work. He does mine for me and I have never had any issues. The performance and economy is greatly improved. It makes for a much nicer drive when it's done correctly. I pick up my first Kia this afternoon, it will get around 2,000 miles on then it will be straight in for a remap!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would it be possible for me to have his details, as I would suspect there will be a lot of cowboys doingre mapping bynow.

Regards Pete

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm interested to read this but do not have a clue what remapping is!Can somebody please explain the process in detail for a layman.
Thanks in advance
Geoff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Basically the engine is controlled by the ecu, it has a standard map from the factory which gathers the information from the various sensors and this controls how much fuel is injected, how much boost the turbo has etc etc. (this is done every 1,000th of a second and with hundreds of different parameters). When the car is remapped the computer program for the ecu is rewritten so that you can have more power, economy or both if it's done right! Manufacturers tend to play safe and have to adhere to emission controls of various countries where the vehicles will be sold. Remapping opens up your engine to it's full potential. There are lots of people who claim to be the best, never take their word, always go somewhere that has been recommended. A bad remap can wreck your car, a good one will give you a big grin and years of happy motoring!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Citroen owners seem keen on a company, which from memory is called Angel Tuning - worth a Google.

·
Registered
20 Posts
One thing not to get confused by is the various tuning boxes on sale, these tend to just confuse the original map and tend not to be model specific. Personally I wouldn't touch anything other than a proper remap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
rizmo said:
Citroen owners seem keen on a company, which from memory is called Angel Tuning - worth a Google.
Just looked on their site, looks ok. Again, if they come recommended then that counts for a lot!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts