Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have a 64 plate 2wd 1.7 manual K3 KIA Sportage. On the whole she is a really nice car.

She has just developed a knock on the LHF at it is relevant to road speed and not engine RPM or the gear I'm in (still knocks in neutral).

The knock doesn't seem to worsen/improve when I corner or brake.

I've got it booked in for investigation but has anyone had this before?? I am wondering if its a CV joint or driveshaft issue?

Aside from that, does everyone's KIA suffer clutch judder and has your experience of the KIA dealerships been that they never experience clutch judder when testing the car?

Thank you for any proper insights with common faults on suspension as I may tackle this through non-Kia route.

Chris

·
Registered
406 Posts
Knocks associated with drivetrain tend to occur under acceleration, deceleration or manouvering.
As for your clutch. Dealerships don't experience clutch judder when the vehicle is under warranty, However as yours is outside the 3 year clutch warranty their investigative diagnosis may well be on the ball.

·
Registered
924 Posts
For the knocking noise that's not speed or cornering related, check the spring is not broken, can be very difficult to spot sometimes.
Compare sides.
Lift the car body, LHF, grab the top of the spring with both hands, wrench it back and forth. Is it loose at all, or can you twist it ?
If the shock is totally gone, the spring can knock.
If it is the shock or spring it should probably knock on speed bumps.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
If it knocks when neutral would suspect the DMF which will tie in with clutch judder. Noise will come from left hand side as that is the side of clutch.

Reactions: Fullchat
1 - 4 of 4 Posts