Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the site but hoping somebody out there can give me some advice. I have started to hear knocking on the engine in my 03 2.9td sedona. Any suggestions gratefully received thanks

·
Registered
702 Posts
kcp090269 said:
Hi I am new to the site but hoping somebody out there can give me some advice. I have started to hear knocking on the engine in my 03 2.9td sedona. Any suggestions gratefully received thanks
Hi
What kind of knocking ? light/heavy? all the time or just every now and then. Location where it appears to be knocking , milage etc all these things may help us help you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi knocking is all the time when engine on and on the side of the cambelt . The mileage is approx 55,000. Appreciate the you getting back in touch

·
Registered
702 Posts
kcp090269 said:
Hi knocking is all the time when engine on and on the side of the cambelt . The mileage is approx 55,000. Appreciate the you getting back in touch
On the cambelt side of the engine as I'm sure you are aware there are a lot of cogs and other items that hang off the engine such as the alternator/power steering pump/aircon pump etc. It could be any of these or the bottom pulley has come loose for some reason( it does happen, had to tighten one up for a friend) the best bet would be to try and narrow down where the noise is coming from i.e. top/bottom/front /back of that side of the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts