Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a Knocking / Rubbing noise from rear while Braking but only at Low Speed
When you Accelerate it disappears
Braking performance seems unaffected

2017 GTline

Pads and discs were changed middle last year

Any others had this

·
Registered
211 Posts
Getting a Knocking / Rubbing noise from rear while Braking but only at Low Speed
When you Accelerate it disappears
Braking performance seems unaffected

2017 GTline

Pads and discs were changed middle last year

Any others had this
The only thing I can think of is to check that the disc backing plates aren't rubbing against the discs. They have been deformed by the mechanic when your pads and discs were changed!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing I can think of is to check that the disc backing plates aren't rubbing
The only thing I can think of is to check that the disc backing plates aren't rubbing against the discs. They have been deformed by the mechanic when your pads and discs were changed!
The whole caliper has lifted away and you can see the inside piston and the pads
How did this happen
View attachment 13697

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,386 Posts
I would not drive anywhere with that calliper hanging loose! Goodness knows how that piston has not popped out? A mounting bolt has come loose and disappeared somewhere so not safe at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I suspect you will find that all you need is one of the bolts on the left with the blue lock-tight on them ??
Most new brake pads come with the bolts included so your local motor factors may be able to assist ??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts