Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,280 Posts
Hi Andrew, if the noise has only started to happen following the service then I would take the car back and get them to check. It would not be the first time a mechanic has left a spanner or filter wrench on a subframe. Could even be something simple like a pipe or filter not replaced in it's clip. Better to be safe than sorry.
Phil

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The noise is not always their, i drove about 30 miles last night and nothing, this morning a few miles and there is the noise again. Its coming from underneath where you rest you foot in front of the brake pedal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It may sound stupid but if the if the noise is intermittant try having a look at the o/s front wheel if you have the old steel wheels for cracks.On my Carens Ihad a knocking noise coming from what I thought was the bottom of thesteering column.After three different garagestried and failedto detect it, I noticed the crack in the wheel and changed it and noise disappeared.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.