Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have just had my carens serviced. After there is a knocking noise coming from the engine, it only happens now and again. Has anybody got ant ideas?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi again, the noise appears to be coming from under the footwell under where the pedals are. Has anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,228 Posts
Hi Andrew, if the noise has only started to happen following the service then I would take the car back and get them to check. It would not be the first time a mechanic has left a spanner or filter wrench on a subframe. Could even be something simple like a pipe or filter not replaced in it's clip. Better to be safe than sorry.
Phil

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The noise is not always their, i drove about 30 miles last night and nothing, this morning a few miles and there is the noise again. Its coming from underneath where you rest you foot in front of the brake pedal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi everyone, i have taken my car back two times now and they can`t find anything wrong with it. Any suggestions, as far as i know they have re checked everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It may sound stupid but if the if the noise is intermittant try having a look at the o/s front wheel if you have the old steel wheels for cracks.On my Carens Ihad a knocking noise coming from what I thought was the bottom of thesteering column.After three different garagestried and failedto detect it, I noticed the crack in the wheel and changed it and noise disappeared.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I`m not sure next i`m driving i will try depressing the clutch, it sounds like a compustion/knocking noise.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hawkwind, i don`t think the noise does happen when i depress the clutch. I was trying to depress it mode tonight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If the noise goes away when you depress the clutch pedal when the car is stood idle with the engine ticking over then it is most likely thrust bearing failure in the clutch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts