Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new Magentis CRDI - following my first holiday trip last week it now has 900 miles on the clock. With one exception, the car performs quite well, completely in line with what it is, as a low cast, large car. However, the exception is more than an irritation in that there is a persistant knocking sound from the suspension at low speed , even over minor bumps. It also feels very jittery at low speed. none of this was an issue with the previous model magentis that I owned 4 of 5 years ago.

Obviously I will be taking it back to have it checked over, butI wondered if this was something anyone else has experienced? I remember having a similar issue with a Hyundai some time ago. I pursued the problem quite vigorously with the dealer and lots of parts were changed before they assured me that this was just "how the car is". I'm hopingI don't get the same response with this one from the local Kia dealer, who has been great with the (largely faultless) cars that they have serviced for me in the past.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i also have a new Magentis and i also have the knocking issue, Ibought my car in October with 20 miles on the clock it has now done 11,500 miles and the knocking is still there but much quieter. please let me know how you get on , apart from this issue i have been more than pleased with the car which is now returning 47 miles a gallon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dear viking Paul on yuur profile it says you are an after sales manager is that at viking cars . Anyway thanks for the advice wiil get them dto do that i presume you mean once they have dropped the anti-roll bar of and found thats where the noise is comming from to replace and put back together i would imagine the car would be unstable without them. Yours Tim

·
Registered
662 Posts
YES sorry the instruction was for your dealer or garage obviously you just disconnect to confirm which link is faulty as its difficult to tell because the noise transmitts through the car and quite often you will not be able to feel any play in the link end

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By way of update: I took the car into the local Kia dealer again, who checked it over very thoroughly and pronounced that all joints were tight etc. I was advised to run it for a few more miles to see if anything got worse. After a couple of weeks I got so fed up with the noise that I phoned them, to be given the same advice, but with an assurance that something would be done if matters didn't improve.

The, out of the blue, and coincidentally, yesterday I had a call from the dealer service manager who told me that a "field repair" alert has been issued by Kia on 29th June 2011 for possible front suspension issues with Magentis models made between a range of dates (in which my car falls). I have been told that my car will be fitted with 2 new front shock absorbers. They phoned me agin this morning to say that the parts were now in stock and my car is booked in tomorrow for the work to be done.

Fingers crossed that this solves the problem and full marks to the garage concerned, especially since I didn't even buy the car there. Genuineley impressive.

I will post again with the results.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for your post i thought i would just have to live with it but had a call yesterday 7th at 5pm to say uprated shocks have arrived and they would fit them and repair and protect my paint work at a cost to kia of over a thousand pounds. so my faith in Kia is restored ps at the moment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry if i didnt say about a month after getting the car i noticed loads of tiny scratches on the paint contacted kia who at first denied there was a problem , but after a lot of nagging a paint expert was sent to my house who siad that a lot of manufactures where having a problem with new rules on type of paints you can now use. He siad the only way forward was to have the car detailed and then coated kia at first said it was to costly but when the dealer offered to go halfs they agreed.
I am on my 5th kia 4 4x4s wich i got rid of because of bad fuel figures and actually think he magentis a very good car and for less than the price of a ford focus!

It also with ESP EBD and traction control makes a very good tow car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Could anybody advise me my Magentis locks at 20 mph but shouldn't it unlock when i stop and try to oppen the doors or take the key out. Thank's Tim

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Most cars not just Kias now lock as soon as you drive off. Then when you stop they remain locked until you unlock them manually. Though in a smash they will automatically open to let you escape in a hurry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello MPW1 I have just replied to a message ref; Anti-Roll bar + rubbers,. I reside in Hungary by the way,.We took our Magentis back tothe Mercedes dealership in a town called Jazbereny, they diagnosed theknocking problem and rectified it all no problem whatsoever, now we have a nice quite motor,. All we were requested to do was sign a document upon completion of all works,.Hope this proves useful to you,.Let me know how you get on,.

Regards

Roly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts