Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

just picked up a sportage 2.0 crdi AWD. When I first start the car for a couple of minutes there is a bit of a knocking noise. It’s a sort of “knock, knock, knock” then will stop and then do it again 30 seconds later. Once I drive for a bit and it warms up it’s absolutely fine! It sounds like it’s coming from the bottom of the engine at the back, near the transfer case. Has anyone had anything similar or have any ideas what it might be ?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.

just picked up a sportage 2.0 crdi AWD. When I first start the car for a couple of minutes there is a bit of a knocking noise. It’s a sort of “knock, knock, knock” then will stop and then do it again 30 seconds later. Once I drive for a bit and it warms up it’s absolutely fine! It sounds like it’s coming from the bottom of the engine at the back, near the transfer case. Has anyone had anything similar or have any ideas what it might be ?

Thanks in advance!
Did you manage to sort this? I have a similar problem with mine! Can't figure it what it could be. Could it be the crankshaft pulley? Saw that mentioned previously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts