Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Kia Xceed phev wont charge via charger.

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  siesilva 
#1 ·
Hybrid bit works alright, but the charger via charge station doesn't work. Tried different chargers in work and the wallbox charger at home, plus borrowed a different set of cables.

I did notice the 3 battery leds on the dashboard all come on and blink. Another thing I noticed was the charge cable does not lock in place nor does the charger door when the car is locked. The blinking led says there is a problem on the manual but not much else.

Any ideas?

#5 ·
Hello! Yes, I went to the official Kia assistance and it appears it has to do with a part that needs adjustment or substitution. In my case, according to what I have been told, the part that would recognize the charging cable was not working properly, so the locking system that precedes the charging moment wasn’t working properly either, preventing the subsequent charging. They adjusted something on the part and cleaned the charging end of the cable that locks in place, on the front hub of the car, and it has never happened again (6 months have passed). They told me if it would happen again, the specific part would better be substituted. I’m sorry I cannot provide you with more technical details but it doesn’t seem too complex after all, in this case, it also seemed they had had a similar situation before with Niro’s version. Hope you sort it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.