Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone know how to update the maps on the Xceed. I tried a link and the maps showed Europe not just the UK didn’t want to download it as it could brick the Stereo.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
does anyone know how to update the maps on the Xceed.
Welcome to the forum, 'Jbkia'.

Leave well alone! the most recent system has drawn nearly a thousand posts due to the mess KIA has made of it. Your current system is probably fine but you can read the various posts if you feel inclined. That should deter you!

Reactions: macgd016

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum, 'Jbkia'.

Leave well alone! the most recent system has drawn nearly a thousand posts due to the mess KIA has made of it. Your current system is probably fine but you can read the various posts if you feel inclined. That should deter you!
thank you very much for the information. I will leave well alone :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi does anyone know how to update the maps on the Xceed. I tried a link and the maps showed Europe not just the UK didn’t want to download it as it could brick the Stereo.
Updated my system with no problems in my Xceed 1st edition & you cannot brick your system as the files are validated by the head unit before updating, if files are corrupt then the update will not proceed

·
Super Moderator
9,400 Posts
Hi & Welcome

Moved to X-Ceed section.

Kia UK falls under Kia Europe & we have no reports of bricked units. So no problem with the actual download process working. Just several issues that need to be resolved with the software on the head units.

As above best advice at the moment is to hold fire.
If you fancy a good read 🤷‍♂️ have a look at the threads in this section.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi & Welcome

Moved to X-Ceed section.

Kia UK falls under Kia Europe & we have no reports of bricked units. So no problem with the actual download process working. Just several issues that need to be resolved with the software on the head units.

As above best advice at the moment is to hold fire.
If you fancy a good read 🤷‍♂️ have a look at the threads in this section.

I have the first Edition also with the larger Screen. Glad to be a part of this forum and get the best out of the Kia Xceed First Edition. Do you know how to change the routing from fastest to shortest if it’s possible.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
761 Posts
I have the first Edition also with the larger Screen. Glad to be a part of this forum and get the best out of the Kia Xceed First Edition. Do you know how to change the routing from fastest to shortest if it’s possible.
Long story short you can't but please have a good read through the forum as this and very similar questions have been discussed recently, use the search facility it will save you some time

·
Registered
2021 XCeed 3 1.6 CRDI ISG MHEV in Phantom Black
33 Posts
I bought my car new in June and the maps went out of date in July. I haven't bothered contacting the dealer as last time it went in, they 'needed' it for the day (gave me a courtesy car) but the times they are open impacts on me getting to work and back on time. I suppose it can wait until the service but given the speed camera section of it updates pretty quickly, I wonder why they don't do OTA updates?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought my car new in June and the maps went out of date in July. I haven't bothered contacting the dealer as last time it went in, they 'needed' it for the day (gave me a courtesy car) but the times they are open impacts on me getting to work and back on time. I suppose it can wait until the service but given the speed camera section of it updates pretty quickly, I wonder why they don't do OTA updates?
Ah OK - have found this and will give it a try

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
581 Posts
and it doesn't work on Mac..... Apple can't verify the file.
Please read the instructions. You must follow them in order to run the software.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
As a Mac user for 22 years, I can attest that it works perfectly well. Read the reply from 'fenegroni' in post #11.

·
Registered
1.5T-gdi "4" DCT Phantom Black
68 Posts
So is the perceived wisdom to avoid this latest update? I'm currently on the earliest version of purple wasteland. Are there many bugs? Also, how do you get the actual software (I know how to download and install the software updater program) but it doesn't include UK option.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
761 Posts
So is the perceived wisdom to avoid this latest update? I'm currently on the earliest version of purple wasteland. Are there many bugs? Also, how do you get the actual software (I know how to download and install the software updater program) but it doesn't include UK option.
In my view the Nov update doesn't offer any real benefits and introduces some bugs so I would be happy to regress to an earlier version of it if that was possible.

As to your other questions they are all covered within this thread

·
Super Moderator
9,400 Posts
In good ol'e panto spirit.

Oh Yes It does..

EUROPE (y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
As a Mac user for 22 years, I can attest that it works perfectly well. Read the reply from 'fenegroni' in post #11.
Same for me on the Mac front, but people being oblique like @fenegroni and your comment doesn't help and forum's tend to be occupied by people who know, but don't share knowledge. I sort of expected members to be helpful to each other as we all have a common interest, but my judgement and ability at the moment is probably clouded by my recent cancer diagnosis.

Apologies for the rant and I have sorted it via Google.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
people being oblique like @fenegroni and your comment doesn't help
What doesn't help is when members erroneously make assertions such as:
it doesn't work on Mac..... Apple can't verify the file.
when, in fact, KIA's instructions specifically alluded to the matter in their instructions to Mac users.

Reactions: Alanw47

·
Registered
33 Posts
What doesn't help is when members erroneously make assertions such as: when, in fact, KIA's instructions specifically alluded to the matter in their instructions to Mac users.
Blimey, that's an interesting response - I apologise for asking for help in a time of need and thanks for your support.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
I don't have a MAC and am an amateur when it comes to the Kia updater, so try be patient with me.
Firstly have you followed the instructions on the How to Update page?
Scroll down the page and under the "Recommended Specifications" & "Checklist Before Updating" section there are two tabs headed "Windows Install" and "MacOS Install". When I clicked on the MacOS Install tab and read the instructions they describe how to overcome the verify issue. If that does not work I recommend you call the number on the Customer Services page and get the experts to talk through the process.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hello every body , im from belgium so maybe my english won't be too good .
I ve a 2020 1.5 tgdi xceed , i updated with the gen 5 my20 software with the kia app .
I wonder if its possible to update with the my22 software with crashing or having problem ? And also if there are more personalisation or option .
someone already tried it ?
thanks you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts