Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just purchased a brand new XCeed 3.
The media system will not recognise my iPod (classic) when I plug it into the USB port?
The media system recognises a USB memory stick when I plug it into the USB port, so why shouldn't it recognise the iPod?
Has anyone else had the same issue?...…..I need my music...aaaargh!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have an iPod Classic which works well most the time, although I've had to glue the cable into the port :oops:. A couple of things, firstly you need to use a proper Apple data cable, some third party cables will only charge the iPod, not transfer data. Secondly, my car sometimes can't see the iPod. When this happens I have to connect it to my computer and let iTunes 'refresh' my iPod. It usually works okay after that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an iPod Classic which works well most the time, although I've had to glue the cable into the port :oops:. A couple of things, firstly you need to use a proper Apple data cable, some third party cables will only charge the iPod, not transfer data. Secondly, my car sometimes can't see the iPod. When this happens I have to connect it to my computer and let iTunes 'refresh' my iPod. It usually works okay after that.
I'm connecting it with the Apple cable and have refreshed / updated the software on iTunes, still computer says 'no media source available'??

·
Registered
600 Posts
I suggest you will have to take it back to your dealer, although be aware Kia have a get out clause, the handbook says they cannot guarantee all Apple devices will work on their systems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts